Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shri Krishna and His spouse Shri Rukhmani.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Shrimad Bagavatam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Shri Krishna and His spouse Shri Rukhmani. Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Well time for a new story am I correct? So here it is.

Shri KRishna and His Spouse Shri Rukmani

One day Bhagavan Shri Krishna was resting in His palace and being served by the maid servants. Wife Rukmini who has utmost devotion in the Bhagavan, took the hand-fan from the maid and started fanning Him. Rukmini appeared to be extremely beautiful . Glancing at the Bhagavan Shr Krishna lovingly , Rukmini was fully engaged in serving Him.

With a charming smile spreading from His lips to the face, Shri Krishna said to Rukmini

“Dear, I wonder how come you decided to choose me as your husband !. All those kings and princes who have sought you for marriage , are great heroes, rich and powerful . And you are the princess. I am not at all equal to you. In fact, fearing the cruel Kings, I have taken shelter in Dwaraka which is located in the sea. Moreover , marrying a jobless man who is of a different type than the general public, means that one is marrying miseries . We are orphans . So too all those who depend on Us . Generally speaking, rich , aristocratic people don't desire my friendship."

" When one thinks in terms of wealth, aristocracy, power and the future , it is not desirable to marry an unequal . Sometimes I feel that , you have mistakenly chosen Me like this . Only those people who live on alms, praise my glories. Also, I don’t have good qualities either . Now also , it is not late to rectify your mistake. You, please select a suitable person . Not only that, all Kings including your elder brother are hostile to Me. I took you away , only to stop their arrogance . In reality, I don't have any desire in women or children. I am situating just like a lamp in the house “ .

These words were most painful to Rukmini. Her eyes were filled with tears. With a trembling heart and hands powerless even to hold the fan, Rukmini fell unconscious. Actually, Shri Krishna had just jokingly said to Her those cryptic words. But, when He realized that those words have hurt Rukmini, Shri Krishna became worried. Lovingly embarrassing Rukmini and caressing Her gently, Shri Krishna brought Her back to consciousness. Bhagavan conveyed His love to Rukmini and told Her that this was done merely to know Her response.

After being consoled by Shri Krishna, Rukmini said “ I am certainly not like You. It is true. You are the Supreme Being, the one worshipped by Trimutis. On the other hand, I am a conditioned one having materialistic nature ; who is being served by the ignorant . It is true that, You are staying in the ocean of devotees heart .You are staying there, fearing the modes of material nature. You are enemy of the wicked senses. Even your servants are renouncing the negativity of power. You are owned by none and You own none ; because there is nothing other than You. Those whose eyes are covered with wealth , don’t realize you .

I have chosen You as my husband knowing very well that You are the Bhagavan and those Rishis who praise your glories have renounced violence and all heinous activities. You are the essence of everything in this universe. You said that , You are afraid of the Kings and Archers ; and it is a big joke. Because, even the greatest Archer of this world will tremble with fear , the very moment he hears the sound of Your bow-stringing. In addition to all these, Your lotus feet provide liberation . After touching those feet , which fool will seek association of others! . You told about some heroes and Kings. They all are slaves of their wives and to those women those heroes are like domestic animals. You told that, You don’t have desire in women. No sensible woman will accept as husband the body of a man, because the body is a mud-pile of blood-stool-urine combination. What I desire is just the honey that flows from Your lotus feet “ .

Having been pleased to hear this , Shri Krishna congratulated Rukmini , saying “ I was merely teasing you . You have realized the supreme meaning of my words. Your decisions are well thought out and firm . Even after achieving liberation by My presence , if a person prays for worldly pleasures , he is certainly a fool . The wise people desire only liberation.”

Please feel free to write your comments after reading

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
kavita
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jai sri krishna.

thankyou for the beautiful story. please write more and more. heart fills with joy. thanks. Very Happy
Dattubhai
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAY SHRI KRISHNA,
Very well described,your way of describtion creats picture before us.
This story tells us Shri Rukminiji were beautiful as well as intelligent.
Rukminiji's great vartue was she was able to think what is best for her and know how to achieve that.while against all family she arrange to send message to Shri Krishna to come and take her,she narroated so nicely that reading letter Shri Krishna did according to her letter.
Dattubhai
kavita
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna Vasant Uncle,

I have winter vacation for 1 month. So i have time to see Krishna Seva daily.
Can you please answer one question for me ?

I want to know who is Shri Krishna's son/daughter ?
Because i read about his great grandson.

I have also kept fast today.

lots of love and regards,
Raveena. Rolling Eyes
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Dear Raveena, good to know your interest in Shri KRishna at such a young age but the question you have asked is not an easy one Rolling Eyes do you know why?

Shri Krishna had more that 16,000 children even I do not know all the names but if you tell me thru which spouse then maybe I can tell you the names.

In the meantime please keep reading all articles at krishnaseva.com and Yes I am fasting too so let your mum know.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Dattubhai
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAY SHRI KRISHNA.
AS THE TOPIC IS ON RUKMINIJI.HER SON PRADUHMANLALJI AND DAUGHTER CHARULATA(CHARUMATI) THESE TWO NAMES I KNOW.
ACCORDING TO SHRIMAD BHAGAVAT LORD KRISHNA HAD 16008 WIVES AND ALL HAVE TEN SONS.NOW IT IS A QUESTION OF HISTORY TO REMEMBER ALL THE NAMES.
Dattubhai
Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri KRishna,

Yes Dattubhai, Shri Krishna had 16008 spouses and the 8 were his principal spouses Here is the list of 10 children thru Rukmaniji

Pradyumna the eldest, then Carudesna, Sudesna, the valorous Carudeha, Sucaru and Carugupta and next to him, Bhadracaru as well as Carucandra, Vicaru and Caru as the tenth were born of Rukminiji.

Mero to Aadhar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mere gale ko haar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mero to shinghar Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind
Ga-o Varamvar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind --------!!!!!!!
kavita
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jai shree krishna,

thanks for your help Dattu uncle and Vasant uncle. thank you Sunita aunty too. Thanks for the information.

please tell me about Shri Radha Rani sons/daughters.

mom is happy that you were fasting.

Raveena. Cool
Dattubhai
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAY SHRI KRISHNA.
IF YOU MEAN RADHA RANI AS SVAMINIJI.
THERE ARE SO MANY CONTRADICTIONS ABOUT THE MARRIAGE OF Shri RADHAJI WITH SHRI KRISHNA.THERE IS NO AUTHENTIC STATEMENT IN SHRIMAD BHAGVATJI.
IN MY OPINION WE SHOULD NOT DISCUSS ABOUT RADH RANI'S SON AND DAUGHTER.
ONLY EXPERIENCED AND LEARNED VAISHNAV CAN WRITE ABOUT THIS.
Dattubhai
Dattubhai
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAY SHRI KRISHNA.
Please let me add few observations.
Shri Krishna took birth and left in Gokul.Mother Devakiji and father Vasudevji could not enjoy childhood of own son Shri Krishna.
similarly Pradumanlalji was taken away by Shambrasur and thrown in the sea.Shri Krishna returned to Mathura as grownup.Pradumanlalji return as young with his wife.Shri Krishna and Rukminiji did not enjoy childhood of their son.
One more observation it was not possible that son of ShriKrishna could be stollen from palace and it was not possible that parents who is king did not try to search own son .
This incident we can take as " our parents are almighty god and we are stollen away by worldly thoughts and gone away from parents.God did not stop us from being stollen nor He try to search us.Now only way to return and reunite with Him is possible if our wife Rati means our MATI is being helped by Muni Naradaji means Sad Guru and who takes care and shows us what we are and teach us how to fight with demon sambrasur means worldly attachments.then only we will be able to join our parents
who is ALMIGHTY GOD".
Dattubhai.
Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Raveena, now you have to tell me the whole story about Shri Krishna's grandson so we can figure out which son it was from ok

Ga-o Varamvar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind --------!!!!!!!
kavita
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jai shree krishna, sunita aunty,

hope you are fine.

I dont know the story. So you have to tell me.

raveena. Confused
Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Raveena very clever Very Happy remember what you said on Dec 11th

want to know who is Shri Krishna's son/daughter ?
Because i read about his great grandson.

So you have to tell me the story you read. Razz

unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Sunitaji, Yesterday i heard bhagwat katha of Sri Mridulkumar Shashtriji(Bake bihari,Mathura). In which he said that Lord Krishna had 16,108 spouses and u said 16,008. So now which one is true.

Unnati Kadakia.
Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai Shri Gokulesh,

Unnatibhen even I may have heard him he is famous for singing

"Radhe Radhe Japo Chale Aange Bihari"

Well what to tell you even in Shrimad Bhagwad it is not properly mentioned I am refering to Bhagwad by Gita Press Gorokhpur.
Chapter 10 Discourse LXI shlok 3 let me write what is says

(All) His sixteen thousand (and odd) wives could not shake His mind by the shafts of Cupid and other charms skilled in conveying the message of love despatched by their arched eyebrows etc.

(no exact number is given)

Ok now lets look at chapter 10 Discourse XC shlok 4

Bhagwan Shri Krishna was the one beloved consort of (more than ) sixteen thousand wives.

So exact number is still not given.

Lets see Chapter 10 discourse LXI shlok 32

Ther Shri Krishna saw sixteen thousand (and one hundred?) maidens captured by demon Naraka son of mother earth and we all know Shri Krishna married them (maybe) all

So to get the perfect answer one can just say He had more then 16,000 spouses.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Shrimad Bagavatam All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: