Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pusthi Email
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Pusthi Email Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna Pyara Vaishnavs

Today at work I received a lovely email from a vaishnav, which enticed me away from my job directly into the pusthi-world and its principles (Hope my Manager never logs on to KS.com or else....) Embarassed

Anyways I was eager to share this story with everyone on tibari, please read below:

One fine day two friends were walking through a dessert.
During some point of the journey, they had an argument; and one friend slapped the other one in the face.

The one who received the slap was hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the SAND:

Today my best friend slapped me in the face.

They kept on walking, until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath. The one who had been slapped got trapped in the mire, and started drowning, except the friend managed to save him.

After he had recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on a STONE:

'Today my best friend saved my life '.

The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him; 'After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you are engraving this incident on a stone, why?'

The friend replied 'When someone hurts us we should write it down in the sand, where winds of forgiveness can erase it away.

However, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in a stone where no wind can ever erase it.' Learn to write your hurts in the sand and to carve your benefits in stone.

Sorry, I know this email is not extracted from Pusthimarg literature, however I found the concept with regards to the stone and sand very appealing and believe that it has everything to do with the Path of Grace.

Most 84-252 varta’s, Shodash Granth, Shiksha Patra etc stress on the importance of being forgiving and humble so thought this story was a perfect example.

In my opinion the above article depicts that one should learn to forgive and forget with ease and on the contrary concentrate on the good in people which is overlooked quite often. Gossip, anger, greed, lust, jealousy in the material world is all classified as Maya and Kalyug. These forces are extremely strong, if we keep holding on to our grudges judging people on the pain and hurt they have caused us, we will never be able to look beyond the masquerade of Kalyug and Maya. Behind that facade lies the pure soul which is part of Thakorji and is all attractive.

looking at the narrative from a different angle one can also deduce that pain and hurt caused by others is also in a way a weapon to get closer to the supreme. It makes a person stronger and is able to appreciate the good and hold on to this association which in our case would be Thakorji & vaishnavs.

Once a wise vaishnav told me that when a soul has learnt to acquire forgiveness as part of his/her nature then life becomes trouble-free and one will be able to indulge in bhakti fully and acquire nearness to the Supreme

My humble apologies If I have offended anybody by placing this email on the site, these are just my thoughts please feel free to correct my mistakes or elaborate. Please do share your views on this posting or add other messages.

JSK
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

That was very moving and lovely story. Sitalji thank you for sharing your personal email with us. There are many lovely stories and fabels out there and I am sure many vaishnavs will respond and share this kind of fables, stories, news etc. with us.

So lovely vallabhi vallah vaishnavs come and share your stories here.

Incidentally, congratulation Nirupaji for achieving Tibari star. I am sorry this was a belated response, thank you for your contribution.
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Sitalji that was a lovely posting and your insights into the depth of its meaning is brilliant. It is the mark of a great vaishnav to be able to connect everything to Thakorji. I hope that I can take up the advice!

Here is a wondrous story about a little girl and her father; the little girl had an imitation pearl necklace, which she adored very much. The little girl would wear it as often as she could, polish it whenever she got the chance and hide it under her bed wrapped in cotton wool each time that she went to school.

Every night before bedtime her Father would tell her a tale, it would be the highlight of her day as her Father had a great imagination, he would make her a part of the story and each night she would be transformed into anything from a beautiful princess, a crazy frog to even a baby fairy. He would hug her, give her kiss on the forehead and they would simultaneously tell each other “I love you”.

One night her Father after her bedtime story said, “Beta, I love you, will you give me your necklace?” The little girl started crying, “Daddy, I love you too but I can’t give you my necklace.” The jewellery held sentimental value for her, she had looked after it with so much effort, and it was like her friend, which had helped her appear like a lady. Everyone who had seen her wear it had told her how adorable she looked. After all it was the very necklace given to her by her Father. Her father gave her a smile, kissed her good night got up and left. The little girl became very distraught.

Each night for an entire month after her bed time story the little girls Father would tell her he loved her and ask her for her necklace and again and again she would reply no. She did not understand why after all her “no’s” that her father still continued to show her so much affection.

One morning she went to see her Father teary eyed at the breakfast table, she said “Daddy, I love you a lot and I know you really love me too, so you can have my favourite necklace.” She placed the necklace in his open palm, the Father gave her a huge smile picked her up and swung her round and round till she had butterflies in her and was laughing out loud with joy. He placed her back on the ground and out of his pocket produced a little wrapped box; he gave it to the little girl. Her eyes started sparkling and she quickly unwrapped it to find a genuine real pearl necklace. The little girl jumped up and down elated by her new gift. Her father said “Beta, I also love you very much I never wanted your fake necklace, instead I wanted you to learn to let go of that which isn’t genuine and prioritise what is real, like love.”

I really loved this story as it is true to what we are like in Pushtimargia life and Pushtimarga. We are like the little child who is obsessed by the fake necklace, which is Maya. Mahaprabhuji is like the Father who is teaching us to let go of the Maya (the fake pear necklace) and in return he is giving us the greatest and most genuine present of all, the real pearl necklace, Thakorji.

I hope you all enjoyed this story, it was told to me by a devoted, loving and sagacious Vaishnav. Other Vaishnavs please also add your insights and stories.

Jai Shree Krishna
Trusha
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

This is such a lovely topic, thank you Sitalji for bringing this up and thank you Trushnaji for such a wonderful story Laughing

Other Vaishnavs please also join in and add your insights and stories.
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Trushnaji, thanks for the sweet words, your compliments placed me on a pedestal for which I am not worthy. My writing and inference of the article was merely achieved by the grace of Hari, Guru and association of beautiful vaishnavs like you. I am also hoping to take up the advice; as there is a vast difference between writing these theories and applying them in practical day-to-day life. Rolling Eyes

Loved the wonderful story you posted Trushnaji and the way it was applied to the Path of Grace, excellent style of writing. Its evident from the article that it is extremely hard for a soul to let go of Maya and one can only pull through when he/she recognises the fact that all around us is temporary, it’s Thakorji who is our true love. Everything we have been searching for our whole life is found within Him.

Thanks Pusthidasji, Trushnaji and Trushaji for your support. Hope more vaishnavs will share their stories with us

JSK
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

No response from other Vallah Vallabhi Vaishnavs? Not to worry I presume everybody is busy, in the meantime I have received another meaningful email:

NAIL IN THE FENCE

There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His Father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.

The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence He said, "You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound is still there. " A verbal wound is at times much worse when compared to a physical one.

Please forgive me if I have ever left a hole

This article also had an impact on me as we’ve discussed this topic at satsang in the past, hurting another soul is one of the major obstacles, which reprimands us from attaining our Pyara Thakorji.

When we as vaishnav’s hurt another then it actually insinuates hurting our beloved Krishna since He resides within everyone. When a soul feels hurt they have a tendency to hold on to this wound and on numerous occasions finds it difficult to let go, as he or she feels fear or bitterness building up from the inside and in turn loses faith in others, this can also denote gradually losing faith in god. (Please note that this can also have the opposite effect as discussed in the previous email). This resentment often leaves a mark from within & prevents them from being able to fully imbibe in bhakti. So this way we can see that there is a negative impact both ways, the person who inflicted the pain and the injured party are both strayed from Thakorji.

In various posting I’ve read that the remedy is known in the form of forgiveness and repentance, which is essential for the soul to cleanse from the above impurities, thus there is a recipe both can exercise equally to lay the sins aside, which in this case is clemency for the sufferer and penitence applies to the inflictor.

On the other hand, its appears the inflictor is continually going through that process of sinning and repentance, a concept which can be related to this is: swimming in a pool of Maya and Kalyug, once tired of the pool he/she comes out for a rest (repents and indulges in bhakti) then again dives back into that same pool which is tainted.

It’s inevitable and understandable that we have knowingly and unknowingly hurt various souls around us and will continue to do so for which we must suffer our karma’s and repent. However, rather then going through this sequence repeatedly like a robot, should we not at least try and aim to practice refraining ourselves from hurting others? It seems much simpler to prevent than make amends, why give satisfaction to Maya and Kalyug and let them succeed in their mission.

We could try and think twice before speaking or making allegations, analysing the person and environment we are in carefully prior to making any comments, maybe attempt avoiding carrying out activities which could injure others. In addition learning to forgive and not take things to heart when certain events take place, as it could be a test or results from previous karma’s

Once we’ve set all these aches and pains aside, I imagine it would become easy to concentrate on Thakorji, indulge in satsang with vaishnavs that will then hopefully with His Grace uplift us to the stage of Sat-Chit-Anand.

Pyara vaishnavs please do voice your opinions if you have any objections regarding the above, once again I apologise if I have in any way written anything out of the contrary. Please do add your outlook as there is a lot more there can be related to the above story.

Last edited by Sital on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Well-done Sitalji, this fables and stories are very lovely stories and it infuses Gyan (Knowledge) whenever we read it and it is also well compiled so a layman can grasp the fable depicted within the story. Well written, composed and your insight of the fabels is incredibly precise and accurate so is your humbleness.

Trushnaji did her contribution and yes where are all the other readers? Unnatiji, you have become a rare commodity on the tibari, Pyara vaishnav this is your tibari and it is within you to blaze it with satsang.

Any more stories?
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Yes Vaishnavs lets lights this site up with satsung!! Cool The best way for us to grow as Vaishnavs and enhance our bhakti is to learn from each other.

Dear Trushaji I would love to hear a story from you?
Nirupa
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Sitalji and Trushnaji for the stories which contains so many lessons. How not to be obsessed with maya (the fake pearl necklace), one must learn to forgive and forget, control ones anger and ensure not hurt feelings of anyone by verbal or physical actions.

Quote:
A verbal wound is at times much worse when compared to a physical one.

Once words spoken in anger cannot be retrieved, harsh word is like being stabbed in the heart (where ones Thakorji resides) with an arrow. I vaguely remember reading or hearing in satsung that if you do dosh of Thakorji then one can be forgiven with grace of your Guru, if you do dosh of your Guru then can be forgiven with grace of Vaishnav but if you do dosh of a vaishnav then Thakroji will never forgive. Why? Because Thakorji loves His bhakta/vaishnav so much that if you do dosh of vaishnav then He never forgives. But if you do seva of vaishnav or please a vaishnav then Thakorji will smile on you always. Smile

A devoted, loving and sagacious Vaishnav once said in satsung that if a person has one false eye then instead drawing attention to his false eye and making feel him self-conscious why not compliment him on his good eye. That would really make him happy and give him confidence. By saying these simple but well chosen words makes him happy. Now if this person was a vaishnav, then by pleasing him you have pleased Thakorji. Wow, so easy.

These are my thoughts and apologise if I have offended anybody.

Thank you Pushtidasji and no need to apologise for the late response.
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thanks everyone for lovely stories will definitely add more from my side in few days.

Please keep up with your stories.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Trusha
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

As you wish pyari Trushnaji...

Here is phenomenal story that I have come across:

The Boulder

In ancient times, a King had a boulder placed on a roadway. Then he hid himself and watched to see if anyone would remove the huge rock. Some of the king's wealthiest merchants and courtiers came by and simply walked around it. Many loudly blamed the King for not keeping the roads clear, but none did anything about getting the stone out of the way.

Then a peasant came along carrying a load of vegetables. Upon approaching the boulder, the peasant laid down his burden and tried to move the stone to the side of the road. After much pushing and straining, he finally succeeded. After the peasant picked up his load of vegetables, he noticed a purse lying in the road where the boulder had been. The purse contained many gold coins and a note from the King indicating that the gold was for the person who removed the boulder from the roadway.

The peasant learned what many of us never understand!

Every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve our condition.

In my way of thinking, Thakorji has placed us all in this materialistic world, he hides away within our heart and watches how one deals with all obstacles of Maya and Kalyug. The one who are physically and mentally powerful and faces them with bhakti bhav, gets nearer to the supreme and the end results in pushti fal.
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Thanks Pusthidasji, was pleased to read your approval of the article and supposition. May I add and state that the writing was only possible through the knowledge and love acquired via Friday satsangs and Krishnaseva.com. Thus I ought to be thanking thou, vaishnavs who grace us with their presence every Friday & all lovely Tibari satsangi’s. Truly hope God keeps bestowing His Grace on us, which permits us to maintain satsang.

Vasantji & Trushnaji your encouragement was appreciated, Nirupaji enjoyed your contribution to the stories. Please do keep sharing your vast knowledge of Pushtimarg and thoughts with us.

Thanks Trushaji for adding your varta on tibari, it’s a lovely story, which generates many concepts. It is true that Thakorji is hidden within our heart and so eager for us to recognise Him by the means of penetration through this illusionary world.

Scrutinising the King’s motive behind the ploy, one can infer he was waiting for considerate individuals to lift the stone and as a result reward one with a gift, which would probably keep him/her wealthy for their remaining life. The job itself did not require several hours, in-fact had a few people gathered together they would have been able to shift the rock within two minutes. Yet many people walked past it and ignored the huge rock like it was not there or bitterly complained and blamed the king.

If we relate this in a spiritual concept then it is our Pyara Thakorji who is waiting for us to be in motion and nudges for us to look beyond delusion so that he can present us with the most precious bequest, the pleasure of his company. However, we still ignore him in several instances and blame him for all the mishaps and misery within this world. We fail to comprehend our own actions that are sinful and indulge deeper into this temporary environment. . Even then he is with us at all times holding our hand and prompting us to face all the challenges ahead.

Congregating as a team and working together by holding satsangs and performing seva allows us to fight Kalyug and Maya jointly and feel Kanha around us

Once again I request vaishnavs not to feel shy and feel free to indicate any errors or add additional information.

Who is next? Sunitaji & Unnatiji where are you both hiding these days…knock knock Rolling Eyes

JSK

Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Wow , this is really building up collection of lovely fabels, keep it up all of you. I love this stories and they are very useful in our daily life.

Well Trushaji you are a hidden gem, lovely story, keep it up.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Thanx to all for a beautiful postings... Njoyed the theme relating stories with the pustimargiya point of view... Just could not stop myself from writing in this topic....

The Power of Holding Hands

I was sitting on a beach one summer day, watching two children, a boy and a girl, playing in the sand.

They were hard at work building an elaborate sandcastle by the water's edge with gates and towers and moats and internal passages. Just when they had nearly finished their project,

A big wave came along and knocked it down, reducing it to a heap of wet sand.

I expected the children to burst into tears, devastated by what had happened to all their hard work.

But they surprised me. Instead, they ran up the shore away from the water, laughing and holding hands, and sat down to build another castle.

I realized that they had taught me an important lesson. All the things in our lives, all the complicated structures we spend so much time and energy creating, are built on sand.

Only our relationships to other people endure. Sooner or later , the wave will come along and knock down what we have worked so hard to build up. When that happens, only the person who has somebody's hand to hold will be able to laugh.

Well i guess this shows that we should never let our faith down towards our Shri Thakoreji, though whatever the situation/obstacle may arise. "Karishyanti vishvaso" should be the motto...
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai Shree Gokulesh

and
Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Unnatiji for posting the article inspite of your busy schedule. I know you are at the moment preparing for your exam and I am sure everybody from Satsang Tibari want to wish you the best of luck and may Shree Gokulesh Prabhu bestow His grace upon you.

Hamari Subh Kamnaye Aap ki Sath Hai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: