Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pusthi Email
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Thank you very much Sitalji, I sincerely enjoyed this last fable!!

I think its primary message is of faith! We so often say things and do things but never heartedly mean them. We do Thakorji's seva daily yet we also worry about endless things...

The irony here (as so very well portrayed in the tale) is that, all of what we have and what we are is Thakorji's! We are but mere tenants to His world! If you like, we are renting these objects, this job, this body, this life and everything else! Therefore if we have stern FAITH in whom we consider to be landlord of All, then our worries and frustrations should also be left in His hands.

I am not at all advocating that one ask Thakorji to pay the gas and electric bill Wink But what I am saying is that It is His world, everything happens in His play, so play your part in the stage of life!

Don’t just claim to have faith, but show you have faith! Mentally, physically and spiritually!

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Where is everyone hiding nowadays? specially Sitalji please come out of your hiding places Very Happy

Here is something I found on the net

GANDHISM

Dr. Arun Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi and founder of the M.K. Gandhi Institute for Non-violence, in his June 9 lecture at the University of Puerto Rico , shared the following story:

I was 16 years old and living with my parents at the institute my grandfather had founded 18 miles outside of Durban , South Africa , in the middle of the sugar plantations.

We were deep in the country and had no Neighbours, so my two sisters and I would always look forward to going to town to visit friends or go to the movies.

One day, my father asked me to drive him to town for an all-day conference, and I jumped at the chance. Since I was going to town, my mother gave me a list of groceries she needed and, since I had all day in town.

My father asked me to take care of several pending chores, such as getting the car serviced.

When I dropped my father off that morning, he said, "I will meet you here at 5:00 p.m., and we will go home together."

After hurriedly completing my chores, I went straight to the nearest movie theatre. I got so engrossed in a John Wayne double-feature that I forgot the time. It was 5:30 before I remembered. By the time I ran to the garage and got the car and hurried to where my father was waiting for me, it was almost 6:00.

He anxiously asked me, "Why were you late?"

I was so ashamed of telling him I was watching a John Wayne western movie that I said, "The car wasn't ready, so I had to wait," not realizing that he had already called the garage.

When he caught me in the lie, he said: "There's something wrong in the way I brought you up that didn't give you the confidence to tell me the truth. In order to figure out where I went wrong with you, I'm going to walk home 18 miles and think about it."

So, dressed in his suit and dress shoes, he began to walk home in the dark on mostly unpaved, unlit roads.

I couldn't leave him, so for five-and-a-half hours I drove behind him, watching my father go through this agony for a stupid lie that I uttered. I decided then and there that I was never going to lie again. I often think about that episode and wonder, if he had punished me the way we punish our children, whether I would have learned a lesson at all.

I don't think so. I would have suffered the punishment and gone on doing the same thing. But this single non - violent action was so powerful that it is still as if it happened yesterday. That is the power of non-violence.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Vasantji, that was a wonderful story; we often underestimate the power of non-violence. This approach triggered guilt into the child’s mind; he learnt his lesson for life by witnessing how his father suffered over his action, which was unnecessary. A violent or negative move often creates controversial effects, causes for the other party to rebel further.

Sorry Vasantji, I had actually run out of stories, so was hoping others would contribute to this topic. Strangely enough, I recently came across this anecdote which I would love to add to this forum, find it exposes messages which we all often ponder over

Please read below:

Hans Christian Andersen

(1854)

The guardian angel of the house leaned against the head of the bed; while over the child was spread, as it were, a net of shining stars, and each star was a pearl of happiness. All the good stars of life had brought their gifts to the newly born; here sparkled health, wealth, fortune, and love; in short, there seemed to be everything for which man could wish on earth.

“Everything has been bestowed here,” said the guardian angel.
“No, not everything,” said a voice near him—said the voice of the good angel of the child; “one fairy has not yet brought her gift, but she will, even if years

Should elapse, she will bring her gift; it is the last pearl that is wanting.”
“Wanting!” cried the guardian angel; “nothing must be wanting here; and if it is so, let us fetch it; let us seek the powerful fairy; let us go to her.”
“She will come, she will come some day unsought!”

“Her pearl must not be missing; it must be there, that the crown, when worn, may be complete. Where is she to be found? Where does she dwell?” said the guardian angel. “Tell me, and I will procure the pearl.”

“Will you do that?” replied the good angel of the child. “Then I will lead you to her directly, wherever she may be. She has no abiding place; she rules in the palace of the emperor, sometimes she enters the peasant’s humble cot; she passes no one without leaving a trace of her presence. She brings her gift with her, whether it is a world or a bauble. To this child she must come. You think that to wait for this time would be long and useless. Well, then, let us go for this pearl—the only one lacking amidst all this wealth.”

Then hand-in-hand they floated away to the spot where the fairy was now lingering. It was in a large house with dark windows and empty rooms, in which a peculiar stillness reigned. rude. In the centre of one of the rooms stood an open coffin, in which lay the body of a woman, still in the bloom of youth and very beautiful. Fresh roses were scattered over her. The delicate folded hands and the noble face glorified in death by the solemn, earnest look, which spoke of an entrance into a better world, were alone visible. Around the coffin stood the husband and children, a whole troop, the youngest in the father’s arms. They were come to take a last farewell look of their mother. The husband kissed her hand, which now lay like a withered leaf, but which a short time before had been diligently employed in deeds of love for them all. Tears of sorrow rolled down their cheeks, and fell in heavy drops on the floor, but not a word was spoken. The silence, which reigned here, expressed a world of grief. With silent steps, still sobbing, they left the room.

“Whither art thou leading me?” asked the guardian angel. “Here dwells no fairy whose pearl could be counted amongst the best gifts of life.”

“Yes, she is here; here in this sacred hour,” replied the angel, pointing to a corner of the room; and there, — sat a strange woman, clothed in long, flowing garments, and occupying the place of the dead wife and mother. It was the fairy, and her name was “Sorrow.” A hot tear rolled into her lap, and formed itself into a pearl, glowing with all the colours of the rainbow. The angel seized it: the, pearl glittered like a star with seven-fold radiance. The pearl of Sorrow, the last, which must not be wanting, increases the lustre, and explains the meaning of all the other pearls.

“Do you see the shimmer of the rainbow, which unites earth to paradise?” Then we glance at the pearl of Sorrow, in which are concealed the wings which shall carry us away to eternal happiness.

This story depicts the importance of sorrow in one’s life, it also illustrates that everyone in this world has problems. If there were no unhappiness in this world one would not go searching for the truth and eternal happiness. We often remember Thakorji in our bad times and forget his name when we are happy in this material world. I believe that misery in this material world is critical for us to see through Maya and Kalyug, push them aside and recognise the bliss in the spiritual world. The pearl of sorrow is God’s Grace bestowed for us to be able to progress further and enhance spiritual thinking

If there was no pain then we would not be able to understand others and help them through their bad times, it also brings out one’s humbleness and triggers humanity from within which is another blessing as Thakorji dislikes Aham.

Pyara Vaishnavs please feel free to correct or elaborate on this posting

JSK

Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Nice to see you Sitalji Very Happy Please add more when ever possible.

In this Kal Jug we must keep doing seva and smaran of Shri Thakurji even if others criticize. So please dont feel bad but continue with your seva . A story for you all.

Once Lord Shiva was explaining one fact about the people in the material world to his wife Parvati. He said to her: "No matter what you do, people always criticize." Parvati became bewildered by hearing this. So to demonstrate this, he came on earth along with his wife, son and his bull by changing their identities. His wife and son were leading the bull and he was riding on the bull. When they passed through a small village, some of the townspeople yelled abuse, "Look at this selfish man taking advantage of his poor wife and young boy! What a rascal!" After they had passed through the village, Lord Shiva said to his wife, "We better swap over, otherwise they will abuse me in the next village too." So then they swapped with Lord Shiva leading and Parvati riding. But in the next village also they got criticized, "Look at this selfish women, taking advantage of her husband and son." So then they both got off and led the bull, and asked their son to ride the bull. But in the next village also they got criticized, "Look at this selfish boy, taking advantage of his parents". So then they all got off and led the bull" but in the next village the people laughted, "Look at these three stupid people! They have a bull, but they are choosing to walk instead!" So in the next village, they all sat on the bull and the villagers yelled out: "Look at these three rascals, they have put so much burden on the poor bull."

Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Vasantji, will definitely add whenever a new varta comes through

Lol Laughing Loved that story Vasantji, clearly shows life on BHUTAL

JSK
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Are we prepared for the boons with this material mind? Please read this story

THE THREE STRIKES (SIDE STORY)

Once the Lord appeared before a Bhakta and asked him what he wanted.
He could not come up with an answer. The Lord gave him a wooden
stick and told him that if he struck the ground with it desiring
anything, he would get it instantly.

The man had an ugly old wife.
He struck the stick and desired that she should become young and
attractive. She became one. But, the King who was passing through
his house saw her and took her to his harem. On his return home, the
man's wife was found missing. In a fit of anger, he struck the stick
and wished his wife to become a donkey. The people in the harem saw
the braying of the donkey and chased it out. It came back to the
man's home. The man could not bear to see the plight of his
erstwhile wife now turned into a donkey.

A third time he struck the stick with a wish that she should regain her original form. And, she did turn into the old ugly form! He thought: "Is it for this I did so much Tapas and got the boon of the stick?"

Bhakta's boons became useless.

Moral : In Pushtimarg Ful is Shri Thakurji so crave for Bhakti and Bhakti only so we get to be close to Shri Tjhakurji. 24/7.

Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

First of all let me congratulate TRUSHNAJI for being selected in the executive committee as CEO !!! Very Happy

Here is one more story hope you all enjoy it

Why do we read Bhagwad Geeta, even if we can't understand a Sanskrit word????

An old Farmer lived on a farm in the mountains with his young grandson. Each morning Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading his Bhagavath Geeta. His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every way he could.

One day the grandson asked, "Grandpa! I try to read the Bhagavath Geeta just like you but I don't understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I close the book. What good does reading the Bhagavath Geeta do?"

The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied, "Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water."

The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to the house. The grandfather laughed and said, "You'll have to move a little faster next time," and sent him back to the river with the basket to try again. This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket instead. The old man said, "I don't want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You're just not trying hard enough," and he went out the door to watch the boy try again.

At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got back to the house.

The boy again dipped the basket into river and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty. Out of breath, he said, "See Grandpa, it's useless!"

"So you think it is useless?" The old man said, "Look at the basket." The boy looked at the basket and for the first time realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket and was now clean, inside and out.

"Son, that's what happens when you read the Bhagavath Geeta. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out. That is the work of Krishna in our lives."

Dattubhai
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAY SHRI KRISHNA.
Vasantbhai,really beautiful story.
If we turn grandson and our guru as grandpa and do what guru ask,we will also get ourselve cleaned.
Dattubhai.
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Thankyou for Vasantji and Pushtidasji it is a pleasure to be a part of the team.

Vasantji that is a wonderful story as I often like the little boy wonder that I do satsung, I read, I listen and try to understand but often I do not remember let alone put into action and manan. Yet perhaps that is the way Thakorji is working on me slowly but surely as the story suggests.

Thanx again

Jai Shree Krishna
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai shree Krishna Pyara Vaishnavs

Thanks Vasantji that was a wonderful story, illustrates how powerful bhagvad naam is. Congratulations Trushnaji on becoming CEO. I think everybody feels at times, that even though one is showered with bhagvad naam, yet does not feel they are progressing. The fact is that we definitely are as each letter of bhagvad naam is a step closer to god. If we were not advancing then we would not re-appear on Krishna seva or be able to attend satsang on a regular basis, He is always bestowing his Grace.

This confusion derived from the mind is probably a prank played by Natkhat to push us closer, so we keep trying harder which will in-turn quicken our Milan(meeting) date with Him. Wink

Please read below another story:

THE PEBBLE STORY

Many years ago in a small Indian village, a farmer had the misfortune of owing a large sum of money to a village moneylender.
The moneylender, who was old & ugly, fancied the farmer's beautiful daughter. So he proposed a bargain. He said he would forgo the farmer's debt if he could marry his daughter.

Both the farmer & his daughter were horrified by the proposal. So the cunning money-lender suggested that they let providence decide the matter.

He told them that he would put a black pebble & a white pebble into an empty money bag. Then the girl would have to pick one pebble from the bag. If she picked the black pebble, she would become his wife & her father's debt would be forgiven.

If she picked the white pebble she need not marry him & her father's debt would still be forgiven. But if she refused to pick a pebble, her father would be thrown into jail.

All the villagers were standing on a pebble strewn path in the farmer's field. As they talked, the moneylender bent over to pick up two pebbles.

As he picked them up, the sharp-eyed girl noticed that he had picked up two black pebbles & put them into the bag. He then asked the girl to pick a pebble from the bag. Now, imagine You were standing in the field.

What would You have done if You were the girl? If You had to advise her,what would You have told her?

Careful analysis would produce three possibilities:

1. The girl should refuse to take a pebble.

2. The girl should show that there were two black pebbles in the bag & expose the money-lender as a cheat.

3. The girl should pick a black pebble & sacrifice herself in order to save her father from his debt & imprisonment.

Think of the consequences if she chooses the above logical answers.

What would You recommend to the Girl to do?

Well, what she did was :

The girl put her hand into the money bag & drew out a pebble. Without looking at it, she fumbled & let it fall onto the pebble-strewn path where it immediately became lost among all the other pebbles.

"Oh, how clumsy of me," she said. "But never mind, if You look into the bag for the one that is left, You will be able to tell which pebble I picked."
Since the remaining pebble is black, it must be assumed that she had picked the white one. & since the money-lender dared not admit his dishonesty, the girl changed what seemed an impossible situation into an extremely advantageous one.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Most complex problems do have a simple solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think.

Pyara vaishnav same concept applies to us, we let ourselves get entangled in the problems of this material world and constantly forget our simple solution.

(1) Tadiyatva
(2) Tadashraya

We have surrendered ourselves to Thakory and only belong to him. . Intense faith and belongingness to the Supreme vanishes every single dilemma in this material world.
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna Pyara Vaishnav,

Received a bonus email from a wonderful vaishnav

Four Wives

Once upon a time there was a rich King who had four wives. He loved the
4th wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to the finest of delicacies. He gave her nothing but the best.

He also loved the 3rd wife very much and was always showing her off to
neighbouring kingdoms. However, he feared that one day she would leave
him for another.

He also loved his 2nd wife. She was his confidant and was always kind,
considerate and patient with him. Whenever the King faced a problem, he
could confide in her, and she would help him get through the difficult times.

The King's 1st wife was a very loyal partner and had made great
contributions in maintaining his wealth and kingdom. However, he did
not love the first wife. Although she loved him deeply, he hardly took
notice of her! One day, the King fell ill and he knew his time was short. He thought of his luxurious life and wondered, I now have four wives with me, but when I die, I'll be all alone."

Thus, he asked the 4th wife, "I have loved you the most, endowed you
with the finest clothing and showered great care over you. Now that I'm
dying, will you follow me and keep me company?"

"No way!", replied the 4th wife, and she walked away without another word. Her answer cut like a sharp knife right into his heart.

The sad King then asked the 3rd wife, "I have loved you all my life. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?"

"No!", replied the 3rd wife. "Life is too good! When you die, I'm going to remarry!" His heart sank and turned cold.

He then asked the 2nd wife, "I have always turned to you for help and
you've always been there for me. When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?"

"I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time!", replied the 2nd wife. "At
the very most, I can only walk with you to your grave." Her answer struck him like a bolt of lightning, and the King was devastated.

Then a voice called out: "I'll go with you. I'll follow you no matter where you go." The King looked up, and there was his first wife. She was very skinny as she suffered from malnutrition and neglect. Greatly grieved, the King said, "I should have taken much better care of you when I had the chance!"

In truth, we all have the 4 wives in our lives:

Our 4th wife is our body. No matter how much time and effort we lavish in making it look good, it will leave us when we die.

Our 3rd wife is our possessions, status and wealth. When we die, it will all go to others.

Our 2nd wife is our family and friends. No matter how much they have been there for us, the furthest they can stay by us is up to the grave.

And our 1st wife is our Soul - often neglected in pursuit of wealth, power and pleasures of the world. However, our Soul is the only thing that will follow us wherever we go.

This amazing story with simple cases demonstrates the importance of bhakti for the nourishment of the soul. The anecdote also reveals the reason one should remember that the body, all the day-to-day material activities and people around us are impermanent. If we don’t emphasise on bhakti at present, we may regret this considerably in the future. Bhakti is our true asset and consists of spiritual wealth, strength and love, which we are able to take with us when we leave this material world.

Thakorji will under no circumstances abscond the soul; at some point in time everybody in this world feels lonely and abandoned when expectations are not met, due to arguments, fights, in competency or merely for the reason that others are unable to stay permanently

Whereas, Thakorji never ever leaves the soul, despite any quarrels, battle’s, neglect, hatred or incompetence behaviour from the soul. He quietly supports and waits till the soul recognises the truth and learns to distinguish between temporary and everlasting love.

JSK
Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: A Great Mouse Jatak-katha... Reply with quote

Very interesting story...

A mouse looked through the crack in the wall to see the farmer and his wife open a package.
What food might this contain?" The mouse wondered - he was devastated to discover it was a mousetrap.
Retreating to the farmyard, the mouse proclaimed the warning. "There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!"

The chicken clucked and scratched, raised her head and said, "Mr. Mouse, I can tell this is a grave concern to you, but it is of no consequence to me.
I cannot be bothered by it."

The mouse turned to the pig and told him, "There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!"
The pig sympathized, but said, "I am so very sorry, Mr. Mouse, but there is nothing I can do about it but pray (thought silently mousetrap can not do anything to me anyways, I am fine!) Be assured you are in my prayers."

The mouse turned to the cow and said "There is a mousetrap in the house!
There is a mousetrap in the house!"
The cow said, "Wow, Mr. Mouse. I'm sorry for you, but it's no skin off my nose."

So, the mouse returned to the house, head down and dejected, to face the farmer's mousetrap alone.

That very night a sound was heard throughout the house -- like the sound of a mousetrap catching its prey.
The farmer's wife rushed to see what was caught. In the darkness, she did not see it was a venomous snake whose tail the trap had caught. The snake bit the farmer's wife. The farmer rushed her to the hospital, and she returned home with a fever. Everyone knows you treat a fever with fresh chicken soup, so the farmer took his hatchet to the farmyard for the soup's main ingredient.

But his wife's sickness continued, so friends and neighbors came to sit with her around the clock. To feed them, the farmer butchered the pig.

The farmer's wife did not get well; she died. So many people came for her funeral; the farmer had the cow slaughtered to provide enough meat for all of them.

The mouse looked upon it all from his crack in the wall with great sadness.

So, the next time you hear someone is facing a problem and think it doesn't concern you, remember – when one of us is threatened, we are all at risk.

We are all involved in this journey called life. We must keep an eye out for one another and make an extra effort to encourage one another.

The scriptures called this world a nest and we all are birds in this nest. We are all connected and our wellbeing is tied with one another.
We are many expressions of the ONE.

That is why the Geeta asks us to
be ATMAVAT SARVA BHUTESHU.

Let us pray with the great king Bhartruhari,
Na tvaham kamaye rajyam (I do not seek to rule the world)
na cha bhoga sukhani cha (neither pleasures nor happiness)
kamaye aham dukhtaptanam (I wish to alleviate the sufferings)
praninam arti nashanam. (of those hurting )

- Prashant
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna
and Jai jai Shree Gokulesh

Thank you Prashantji the story is so lovely and your command on Shree Geetaji is excellent.

All these story are absolutely vital as it somehow and somewhere helps our growth and human good nature.

Thank you for your contribution.
Prashant
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, this story was sent to me in an email by a close friend of mine, Nikhil Mehta. And the translation of Geeta was done by him. Indeed he has great knowledge about many Vedic scriptures.

- Prashant
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you anyway, for sharing this on the Satsang Tibari, tell your friend that he is wel-come to join our satsang Tibari and share his knowledge with us.

This site is trying to make sure that the satsang is taken to that level that we all progress with each level, I hope we are doing that. Although we have good number of members but only very few take active part, and we have quite a number of visiters as well who we classify as silent readers. Imagine if 10% of these readers write on tibari, we would be one of the most active web on satsang.

Inccidentally, I have received many emails praising our site and thanks to everyone who are active satsangi vaishnav on this tibari.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: