Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pusthi Email
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Unnatiji, That’s a beautiful story providing profound teachings. Good luck for you’re exams, I am sure you will pass with flying colours.

Time for another story vaishnavs Idea

Knock Knock…Palnaji, Nirupaji, Vasantji?

Perhaps another story from Trushnaji or Trushaji?

Inaxiji usually hears my loud knocks……….KNOCK KNOCK

Silent readers…gentle…knock…KNOCK

Hope somebody responds Crying or Very sad

JSK
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna

The following was narrated in one of the vachanmruts and this is a simple attempt to reword it here. Please excuse any misunderstandings or errors
----

Once upon a time there was an artist who lived a simple life... he was devoted to his god. A time came in his life when he became successful and was happy. On one such day he was walking on the beach in contemplation and looked back to see two sets of footprints in the sand behind him...

Seeing the footprints, he remarked.... Ah.. I know why there are two sets.. it is because god is walking with me (implying that his happy days has come because god is with him)

A little later in life the artist started going through troubled times and while he was in this condition, all his near and dear left him... and was saddened.

Once again he went to the beach to walk and contemplate... Now, as he turned around, he only saw one set of footprints. He could not accept this thought so he broke down in tears and complained to god... i can understand all these people of the material world leaving me, but i don't understand you leaving me !!

No sooner he had completed saying this, a voice echoed and said.... You think those footprints are yours, but you are mistaken... they are mine and I am carrying You on my shoulders.

------
I guess, the lesson to learn here is that "dhairya and ashray" are of utmost importance...especially in times of trouble, one should never doubt god or his motives..

If he did not carry us across (and back to Him), we would not be able to cross this ocean by our own efforts alone.
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

That was nice Jagdishbhai.

Heard your knock Sitalji here is my poem

Thank Shri Krishna for all what we have. We are indeed blessed.
~~~~~~~
Today, upon a bus, I saw a girl with golden hair
I looked at her and sighed and wished I was as fair.
When suddenly she rose to leave,
I saw her hobble down the aisle.
She had one leg and used a crutch
But as she passed, she passed a smile.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine
I have 2 legs, the world is mine.

I stopped to buy some candy
The lad who sold it had such charm
I talked with him a while, he seemed so very glad
If I were late, it'd do no harm.
And as I left, he said to me,
"I thank you, you've been so kind.
It's nice to talk with folks like you.
You see," he said, "I'm blind."
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I have 2 eyes, the world is mine.

Later while walking down the street,
I saw a child with eyes of blue
He stood and watched the others play
He did not know what to do.
I stopped a moment and then I said,
"Why don't you join the others, dear?"
He looked ahead without a word.
And then I knew, he couldn't hear.
I have 2 ears, the world is mine.

With feet take me to you into your lilas
With eyes to see the sunset's glow and do your darshans
With ears to hear what I should know and listen to your kirtans
I've been blessed indeed, The world is mine.

Oh God I Love you
You have been so kind.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

God I love you
You have been so kind
You gave me such Admin
His name is Vasant
Who writes love peom thats rhymes
Oh God, forgive me when I whine.
I've been blessed indeed, the Krishnaseva is fine.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Pustidasji and Sitalji thanx for all ur good wishes.
Well that was a nice Poem Vasantji and also the reply given by pustidasji was perfect... lolzzz...

Here i have a beautiful Quote of an Philosopher...

"Do not try to approach god with your Thinking Mind.
It may only Stimulate your Intellectual ideas, Activities, and Beliefs.
Try to approach God with ur Crying Heart.
It will awaken your Soulful, Spiritual and Conciousness."
Trusha
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Here is another lovely story, really touched my heart Wink

Scorpion Stings

There was this Hindu who saw a scorpion floundering around in the water. He decided to save it by stretching out his finger, but the scorpion stung him. The man still tried to get the scorpion out of the water, but the scorpion stung him again.

A man nearby told him to stop saving the scorpion that kept stinging him.

But the Hindu said: "It is the nature of the scorpion to sting. It is my nature to love. Why should I give up my nature to love just because it is the nature of the scorpion to sting?"

Don't give up loving. Don't give up your goodness. Even if people around you sting.

Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Superb, thanks everyone enjoyed reading all the stories and poems. Trushaji your wonderful tale reminded me of Thakorji’s character, how he keeps trying to aid us in his mysterious ways, whereas we seem to enjoy rebelling and digging ourselves a hole full of material elements.

Please find below a new narrative:

The Broken Pot

A water bearer in India had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole, which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it, while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.

At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full. For a full two years this went on daily, with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots full of water to his house.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, perfect for which it was made. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half of what it had been made to do.

After two years of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to the water bearer one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, and I want to apologize to you. I have been able to deliver only half my load because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house. Because of my flaws, you have to do a lot of this work, and you don't get full value from your efforts," the pot said.

The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers only on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, and I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you've watered them.

For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house."

Moral:

Each of us has our own unique flaws. We're all cracked pots. But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding.

Imperative data which can be linked with Pusthimarg, is the following:

By no means look down on any person as everybody is unique in his or her own way, Thakorji has a specific exclusive relationship with each soul formed. Every individual has a purpose and a reason for its existence and adds their own contribution to the play that is initially activated by Thakorji, which does not mean analogous manners, actions or beliefs amongst all souls.

For this reason it’s vital not to judge a person and point out their faults as in most cases we are not fully aware of the whole scenario and merely criticise by what we hear or see which is not always the reality.

Please feel free to correct or elaborate

JSK
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna Pyara Vaishnavs

Whilst probing through a few descriptions I came across this poignant story. This particular chronicle reinstates the mind in comprehending how fortunate we are to have been given the divine mantra of Brahmasambandh.

In reality this connection depicts the unconditional love our Pyara Thakorji has towards us. He has accepted us for who we are with all our sins and incompetence’s in addition promised to never leave us. Shree Mahaprabuji has written that once a soul has acquired Brahmasambandh, then Shree Krishna will definitely seize one back to his realm within three lives.

Please read the following:

Unconditional Love - motivating story

A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San Francisco.
"Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favour to ask. I have a friend I'd like to bring home with me."
"Sure," they replied, "We'd love to meet him."

"There's something you should know the son continued, "he was hurt pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a land mind and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to come live with us."

"I'm sorry to hear that, son. Maybe we can help him find somewhere to live."

"No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."

"Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking. Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden on us. We have our own lives to live, and we can't let something like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own."

At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents heard nothing more from him. A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. Their son had died after falling from a building, they were told. The police believed it was suicide. The grief-stricken parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city morgue to identify the body of their son. They recognized him, but to their horror they also discovered something they didn't know, their son had only one arm and one leg.

The parents in this story are like many of us. We find it easy to love those who are good-looking or fun to have around, but we don't like people who inconvenience us or make us feel uncomfortable. We would rather stay away from people who aren't as healthy, beautiful, or smart as we are. Thankfully, there's someone who won't treat us that way. Someone who loves us with an unconditional love that welcomes us into the forever family, regardless of how messed up we are.

Whilst reading the above I am sure that many of us can relate this back to previous incidents occurred during one’s life and other people we know where one has felt rejection, hurt, sense of inferiority, unloved and as a consequence suffered, thoughts cavernous as losing the will to live have also entered the mind.

On the other hand we also know that those incidents were the effects of Kalyug, Maya, Karma and in turn we were rescued by that particular someone who happens to be our Lovely Thakorji, he has welcomed us with open arms. He has truly shown us the meaning of unconditional love. Smile

Thank God for sending Shree Mahaprabuji down to earth and rescuing us poor souls.

Dear vaishnavs please do let me know if you find these stories dreary. Rolling Eyes I do apologise for placing another posting so soon. Please feel free to comment or indicate errors.

Now who is next Question

JSK
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Interesting as stories are building up. Here is one more.

A man was sleeping at night in his house when suddenly his room was filled with light, and Lord Krishna appeared. The Lord told the man that He had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his house. Lord Krishna explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might. So, this man did, day after day.

For many years he toiled from sun up to sun down, his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all of his might. Each night the man returned to his house sore and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain.

Since the man was showing discouragement, the Adversary (Maya) decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into the weary mind : "You have been pushing against that rock for a long time, and it hasn't moved."

Thus, he gave the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure. These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man. Maya said, "Why kill yourself over this? Just put in your time, giving just the minimum effort; and that will be good enough."

That's what the weary man planned to do, but decided to make it a matter of prayer and to take his troubled thoughts to the Lord . "Krishna, I have labored long and hard in your service, putting all my strength to do that which you have asked. Yet, after all this time, I have not even budged that rock by half a millimeter. What is wrong? Why am I failing?”

The merciful Lord Krishna responded compassionately, "My friend, when I asked you to serve Me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all of your strength, which you have done. Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push. And now you come to Me with your strength spent, thinking that you have failed. But, is that really so? Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscled, your back is also strong and brown; your hands are heavy and big used from constant pressure, your legs have become massive and hard. Through opposition you have grown much, and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have. True, you haven't moved the rock. But your calling was to be obedient and to push and to exercise your faith and trust in My wisdom. That you have done. Now I, my friend, will move the rock."

At times, when we hear a word from Krishna ,we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what He wants, when actually what Krishna wants is just a simple obedience and faith in Him. By all means, exercise the faith that moves mountains, but know that it is still Lord Krishna who moves the mountains.

When everything seems to go wrong ... just P.U.S.H.!
When the job gets you down ... just P.U.S.H.!
When people don't react the way you think they should... just P.U.S.H.!
When people just don't understand you ... just P.U.S.H.!

P = Pray
U = Until
S = Something
H = Happens

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krsna,
Vasantji the soldier story was highly emotive and I felt it exemplified many morals. Thank you!!
Again the second story wonderfully portrays that it is with Shree Thakorji's icha, krupa and guidance that we prosper!
Many thanks again, thoroughly enjoyed them!

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Sincere apologies Sitalji, I read both stories quite late at night and was tired, but never the less it was a wonderful story, so thanks again.

Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Vasantji, that was a lovely parable portraying many lessons. Palnaji thanks for the lovely message. Wink

Another Story Question Rolling Eyes

The Window" (Author unknown)

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour a day to drain the fluids from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back.

The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation. And every afternoon when the man in the bed next to the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed would live for those one-hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and colour of the outside world. The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake, the man had said. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Lovers walked arm in arm amid flowers of every colour of the rainbow. Grand old trees graced the landscape, and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance. As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene.

One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man could not hear the band, he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words. Unexpectedly, an alien thought entered his head: Why should he have all the pleasure of seeing everything while I never get to see anything? It didn't seem fair. As the thought fermented, the man felt ashamed at first. But as the days passed and he missed seeing more sights, his envy eroded into resentment and soon turned him sour. He began to brood and found himself unable to sleep. He should be by that window - and that thought now controlled his life.

Late one night, as he lay staring at the ceiling, the man by the window began to cough. He was choking on the fluid in his lungs. The other man watched in the dimly lit room as the struggling man by the window groped for the button to call for help. Listening from across the room, he never moved, never pushed his own button, which would have brought the nurse running. In less than five minutes, the coughing and choking stopped, along with the sound of breathing. Now, there was only silence--deathly silence.

The following morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths. When she found the lifeless body of the man by the window, she was saddened and called the hospital attendant to take it away--no words, no fuss. As soon as it seemed appropriate, the man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look. Finally, he would have the joy of seeing it all himself. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed. It faced a blank wall.

Moral of the story:

The pursuit of happiness is a matter of choice...it is a positive attitude we consciously choose to express. It is not a gift that gets delivered to our doorstep each morning, nor does it come through the window. And I am certain that our circumstances are just a small part of what makes us joyful. If we wait for them to get just right, we will never find lasting joy.

The pursuit of happiness is an inward journey. Our minds are like programs, awaiting the code that will determine behaviours; like bank vaults awaiting our deposits. If we regularly deposit positive, encouraging, and uplifting thoughts, if we continue to bite our lips just before we begin to grumble and complain, if we shoot down that seemingly harmless negative thought as it germinates, we will find that there is much to rejoice about.

This article can be linked to Vyal, that has been discussed in depth by Pusthidasji under the topic Gopigeet. If one has not yet studied this explanation please do so, it is fantastic and covers so many angles, which can be applied to our daily life.

Viewpoint we can draw to Pusthimarg from this piece of writing is the need to change our vision from lokik to alokik. We see this temporary world and its misery state, as kalyug is increasing we observe a vast number of crimes and negativity surrounding us. It is easy to get involved into these events and agonize regarding the state of affairs.

Nonetheless, it is crucial for us to conquer this vision internally with the force of loving bhakti.

Think the famous phrase, which could be applied here, is as follows:

"Sansaar ma rhai ane man mari paas, je sansar ma lobhai nee, te janu mujhno das "(I do apologise for the spelling) Embarassed

The one who lives on earth as per normal, carries out their worldly duties and keeps their mind with Krishna, at the same time doesn’t get enticed by Maya and Kalyug is Thakorji’s true devotee

Every time I hear this particular idiom in Friday satsang opinions such as “not possible” immediately enter my mind. I find that it is extremely hard to reach such a stage, then again, as Vasantji illustrated in his previous article is that all we really need to do is P.U.S.H and He will look after the rest. I also believe that a Positive Mental Attitude is very important.

So vaishnavs lets indulge in lovely satsang and increase our love and devotion for Thakorji.

Lets also make little pacts with ourselves such as always waking up in the morning with a smile and feeling ecstatic about the fact that Thakorji is always with us. Very Happy

Any more ideas vaishnavs with regard to the little things in our daily life that we could convert so its changes our outlook to a spiritual manner?

JSK
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
An emotive story Sitalji, Thank you!

I have read a similar version but with a different ending. In the version that I have read, the ill patient who sat next to the fictional window was blind. He would create these stories and bring hope, light and sight for the other members of the ward. When in actual fact he himself could not see.

It is a comfortingl thought that with the wonder of his mind he created so much happiness and a beautiful thought to think of how he truly loved and spread happiness. Rather than living in self pitty.
Thaks again!

Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna Pyara Vaishnavs

Why is it so quiet on this site…? Thanks for the kind words Palnaji, appreciate your feedback. Please read below the final anecdote of my collected emails:

Touching life story...

A young man was getting ready to graduate college. For many months he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer's showroom, and knowing his father could well afford it, he told him that was all he wanted.

As Graduation Day approached, the young man awaited signs that his father had purchased the car. Finally, on the morning of his graduation his father called him into his private study. His father told him how proud he was to have such a fine son, and told him how much he loved him. He handed his son a beautiful wrapped gift box.

Curious, but somewhat disappointed the young man opened the box and found a lovely, leather-bound Bible. Angrily, he raised his voice at his father and said, "With all your money you give me a Bible?" and stormed out of the house, leaving the holy book.

Many years passed and the young man was very successful in business. He had a beautiful home and wonderful family, but realized his father was very old, and thought perhaps he should go to him. He had not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make arrangements, he received a telegram telling him his father had passed away, and willed all of his possessions to his son. He needed to come home immediately and take care of things. When he arrived at his father's house, sudden sadness and regret filled his heart.

He began to search his father's important papers and saw the still new Bible, just as he had left it years ago. With tears, he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. As he read those words, a car key dropped from an envelope taped behind the Bible. It had a tag with the dealer's name, the same dealer who had the sports car he had desired. On the tag was the date of his graduation, and the words...PAID IN FULL.

How many times do we miss God's blessings because they are not packaged as we expected?

At times we misjudge certain situation and imagine that we are being castigated severely or feel uncared for. When in reality Thakorji is with us at all times and has for eternity got our best interest at heart. I think we overlook the fact that He lives for his Devotees and perceives His own happiness in ours. Thakorji misses His souls immeasurably and endeavours to elevate them to a higher level as speedily as possible. He works in his inexplicable ways, yet we fail to understand him time after time. Confused

From now on lets try and see everything that happens in one’s life as a blessing in disguise, this way we will be able to coddle in bhakti without qualms and avoid the need to feel regret in the future. (PS very hard task for myself) Embarassed

Vaishavs please feel free to point out any error or elaborate on the points raised.

Thanks

JSK
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

What is happening Question Where is everybody Question KNOCK KNOCK dear vaishnavs… Rolling Eyes

Please read pertaining to the following event:

GENEROSITY

Mahatma Gandhi went from city to city, village-to-village collecting funds for the Charkha Sangh. During one of his tours he addressed a meeting in Orissa. After his speech a poor old woman got up. She was bent with age, her hair was grey and her clothes were in tatters. The volunteers tried to stop her, but she fought her way to the place where Gandhiji was sitting. "I must see him," she insisted and going up to Gandhiji touched his feet. Then from the folds of her sari she brought out a copper coin and placed it at his feet. Gandhiji picked up the copper coin and put it away carefully. The Charkha Sangh funds were under the charge of Jamnalal Bajaj. He asked Gandhiji for the coin but Gandhiji refused. "I keep cheques worth thousands of rupees for the Charkha Sangh," Jamnalal Bajaj said laughingly "yet you won't trust me with a copper coin." "This copper coin is worth much more than those thousands," Gandhiji said. "If a man has several lakhs and he gives away a thousand or two, it doesn't mean much. But this coin was perhaps all that the poor woman possessed. She gave me all she had. That was very generous of her. What a great sacrifice she made. That is why I value this copper coin more than a crore of rupees."

Speculating this event and diverting it towards Pustimarg one can affirm that our Thakorji adores love. He is not hungry for lots of varieties of food nor money, jewellery or lots of gifts, Shree Krishna merely wants you to offer whatever you do with all your love and affection. Whether it is just a basic Curry dish and rotli or a piece of clothing, I suppose we must make sure that at all times it is given with sincerity and not seen as a chore. He doesn’t need anything as everything belongs to him, yet he craves for the love of his devotees

JSK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: