Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Episode from Shrimad Bhagwad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Shrimad Bagavatam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Episode from Shrimad Bhagwad Reply with quote

Jia Shri Krishna,

It is story time so I hope you all like it.

Sage Romarishi , The Pandavas and Bhagavan Sri Krishna

( Compiled by Shri . Viji )

The Pandavas during the time of their exile once walked into the forest of Romarishi . Romarishi was a Sage whose body was covered with hair and his beard was so long that it spread like a carpet into the entire area of the forest .

There was a sacred tree in that forest yielding a very special type of fruit which, once tasted by a person, would relieve him of hunger and thirst for years and years. But the fruit was not to be plucked, it was to be eaten only when it fell down on its own.

One day Dharmaraja and Draupadi chanced to come near the tree. Draupadi was very much tempted to taste that luscious big fruit hanging from the tree.

She said : "Can we not take that fruit? We can all share it."

Dharmaraja shot an arrow and the fruit fell on the ground. He went to take the fruit with his hand. It was so heavy that he could not move it . Dharmaraja tried to lift it with all his strength using both his hands but he could not lift it .

Draupadi also tried but in vain. In the meantime, Arjuna arrived at that place. He tried to lift the fruit but could not succeed. All the three tried to lift the fruit but it would not move. The two younger brothers Nakula and Sahadeva came and tried to lift the fruit but they too could not succeed .

Finally came the mighty hero, Bhima . He asked the others to keep away and said: "I will lift it “ . But even Bhima failed.

Meanwhile the hair of Romarishi which had spread all over the area, began to stir because when these six people were trampling about to lift the fruit, the strands of hair were being trodden and pulled. He realised that some one must be trying to steal the fruit . He had become furious. His long hairs started coming together and coiling round the Pandavas to tie them up.

Draupadi realised the danger and immediately prayed to Bhagavan Shri Krishna . Bhagavan appeared before them.

Draupadi fell at His feet and prayed to Him for help.

Shri Krishna said : " Sister, I am helpless . Romarishi is a great Sage. I reside in his heart. How can I do anything against the wishes of my devotee ?"

Draupadi once again pleaded : "You alone can save us, you can do anything if you wish to ."

Shri Krishna said : " I will help you, but all of you should be totally silent whatever may be the situation and do exactly as I tell you ."

Draupadi and Pandavas promised to obey his orders.Shri Krishna went towards Romarishi's ashram and instructed them to follow him after sometime.

In the meantime, Romarishi was so much enraged that he had actually started to walk towards the tree to curse the poachers. Just then Bhagavan Shri Krishna entered the ashram. Romarishi fell at the Lotus Feet of the Bhagavan . He was overjoyed to see Shri Krishna . He said, "How fortunate am I to have you as my guest . Oh Bhagavan ! What can I do for you?"

Shri Krishna engaged him in discussing certain spiritual matters till the Pandavas arrived .

As soon as the Pandavas along with Draupadi reached the ashram, Shri Krishna hurried towards them and fell at their feet .

The Pandavas were feeling embarrassed but remembering the Lord's command, kept quiet . Seeing Bhagavan Shri Krishna fall at the feet of the Pandavas, Romarishi also fell at the feet of those visitors . Then Shri Krishna asked them to come into the ashram . He introduced them to Romarishi . He praised the virtuous Dharmaraja, valiant Bhima and Arjuna and the intelligent Nakul and Sahadeva, and above all, the devout Draupadi.

Romarishi by that time totally forgot about the fruit and the poachers . Krishna informed Romarishi that the Pandavas were the people who were tempted to taste the fruit being unaware of the unique nature of the fruit .

Romarishi desired to please those who could please the Bhagavan Himself . He said : "Let them take the fruit . I would like them to have it ."

By eating the fruit the Pandavas were able to live without hunger for a long time!!

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
kavita
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jai sri krishna.

thanks for the nice story. Very Happy this one is from natasha.
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai shri Krishna

Episode - dialogue between Parikshitji's son Janmajay and Ved Vyasji.

Once upon a time, Janmajay said to Ved Vyasji that his elders, the pandavs were foolish - and that they should have never played the game of dice, etc.

To this, Ved Vyasji said - what is destined to happen will always happen... and upon Janmajay's request, the sage instructed him about the future and things that will happen to him... The sage said that Janmajay would be responsible for the deaths of 18 young brahmans (Brahm-hatya) - to this Janmajay requested the sage for a solution. The sage gave him the solution, that he should never perform any yagyas, and even more, never to appoint any young rishis to perform any such ceremonies, and on top of that the king should never become angry at any of them.

As fate would have it, the king did not have any offsprings, and despite not wanting to, he succumbed to the pressures of his elders and society, and thus agreed to perform the "putra-kameshti" yagya. He tried hard not to appoint any young rishis, so he appointed all old ones, but due to not having teeth, they could not pronounce the mantras properly - so one of the young rishis advised the king about the consequences of incorrect pronounciations...eventually the king had no choice but to appoint the young ones.

The ritual ceremonies resumed and one of the young rishis taunted the king at his blunder.. the king became very angry, but remembered Ved Vyasjis words and tried very hard to contain himself - eventually he gave in to his anger and picked up a kodi (small object like a sea-shell?) that was used in the ceremony and threw it at one of the young rishis - because the kodi was scantified with the ceremonial mantras, it took on the form of a weapon and immediately severed the heads of all the 18 young rishis who were performing the yagya.

The king became deeply saddened by this episode. He once again happened to meet the sage and expressed his deep desire to repent... once again, the sage provided a solution. He asked the king to listen to the 18 sections which glorify his elders/forefathers - each section in turn would free him of the killing of each of the 18 rishis... However, if he developed doubt at any point in during the recitation the king would have to continue paying for the balance....

The king paid great attention to 17 sections, but during the 18th section the king could not believe the episode about Bhimsen which describes how Bhimsen had tremendous strength in his arms and how he had killed certain individuals and how their bodies had travelled great distance in space and how their carcasses were still floating up there.

Janmajay showed doubt and said, how is it possible - 3 generations have passed since that war, etc. etc.. To this, the sage sprinkled scantified water in space and immediately all the carcasses fell to the ground.

Once again the king was sorry - and admitted his mistake of doubting the words of the great sage. The sage said, your balance of the killing of one rishi remains ... This is your punishment for insulting your elders by mocking them in the first place.

What is meant to happen will happen... then why grieve ("cry over spilt milk") ?... just do bhajan (seva) of the Lord
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thanks Jagdishbhai enjoyed it.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Dattubhai
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VASANTBHAI AND JAGDISHBHAI,
JAY SHRI KRISHNA,
Thanks for nice story,
Both stories I heard for the first time.I enjoyed both stories.
Dattubhai
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Shrimad Bagavatam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: