Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ashtaakshar-The Mahamantra
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Well Palnaji, I am not only reading minds but practising Hypnotism.

I am trying to get everyones mind into satsang tibari (By Hypnotising) as have seen vaishnavs shying away so have to learn hypnotism maybe this way it will work Smile

Will give others the chance to answer your querry which is easy otherwise tomorrow will request Sunitaji to tell you so please keep your ears open she will say it softly and silentlyly right in your ears as this is Gud Bhav Mantra. Very Happy

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
HEHEHE, Hyptnotism. Thank you for such a quick response and i eagerly await Sunitaji or any other bhavik Vaishnavs explanation of this Gudh Bhav mantra.

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Nital
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Just to say it's very useful to know the deeper meaning of the astakshra mantra which has been explained very well. However, like Unattiji, I am eager to know how this came about on bhutal...so vasantji, if you could give it another go and enlighten us?

JSK
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Palnaji, as u wrote Panchakshar is of 5, letters but what is it?? What did Shree Swaminiji say??

Now Palnaji, Gadhmantra is Sahastra Parivatsar.............. In the whole Gadhmantra there are 84 letters and the last 5 are "Panchakshar mantra". Panchaksharmantra is to be recited in front of thakoreji. In Brahmasambandh Mantra, there is Bhagwad Vakya, therefore Panchakshar Mantra is Gopniya (To be recited only in Aapras) and thus not been described fully.

Hope this clears your query...............
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Thanks a lot Unnatiji, of course like Gadhyamantra, Panchakshar must also be discussed in apras, so my query is cleared, thank you! Smile

Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Vasantji reminded me that you (Palnaji) had a question for me.

But it seems the querry is already solved but if you still need to know then I can still tell a vaishnav like you (Palnaji ) Laughing

It is true that the last 5 words in Gadhmantra are the Panchakshar Mantra as said by Unnatiji

Mero to Aadhar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mere gale ko haar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mero to shinghar Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind
Ga-o Varamvar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind --------!!!!!!!
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Aww Thank you Sunitaji, i am trying to strive to be a Vaishnav, with your aid i hope to get there slowly but surely. Unnatiji's explanation cleared up my query, thank you Very Happy

Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Palnaji, I know you are already a vaishnav Very Happy

But believe me in this ship krishnaseva.com with Pushtidasji as a captain you will not only sail smoothly but become a better ardent vaishnav. Laughing

Mero to Aadhar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mere gale ko haar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mero to shinghar Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind
Ga-o Varamvar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind --------!!!!!!!
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Sunitaji, I agree with you.............Palnaji is a lovely vaishnav, she has only just turned 18 and has inspired us enormously with her enthusiasm and interest in Pusthimarg. She is the little darling of our Friday satsang and has very intelligent answers and questions. She is also an excellent active member on Krishna Seva and I know everyone loves her postings. You are right, with vaishnavs like the President, Inaxiji, Vasantji, urself, jagdisji and everyone else on Tibari and at Friday satsang she will become a better ardent vaishnav. We are blessed to have satsang with such ardent vaishnavs………Thakorji is amazing as its hard in this day and age to find such association.

Thank You

JSK
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri Gokulesh

The power of Ashtakshar Mantra:

One time as Shri Mahaprabhuji was moving in the circumambulation of India, he imparted the teaching Do not let even a moment pass without the recetation of ashtakshar mantra. Unceasingly pronouncing Shri Krishna Sharanam Mama'. Krishnadas Meghan did not fully realize the profound significance of this teaching. The group along with Shri Mahaprabhuji camp on the edge of a pond. For the purpose of making leaf plates and bowls, Krishnadas wandered quite distant into the dense forest. He came to a pond and on the water's edge a large parrot was sitting on the branch of a tree, which had bent low.

Being in the dark dense forest and seeing such strange parrot, which, he had never seen before, Krishnadas got frightened and began repeating ashtakshar mantra. He pronounced ashtakshar mantra three times and each time the parrot drank some water. Observing these strange, phenomina, which he had never seen before, Krishnadas hurriedly collected the leaves and returned back to the camp where Shri Mahaprabhuji inquired 'Krishnadas, what did you see in the forest?'.

Krishnadas narated all that he had seen and experienced. To reveal the hidden reasons for the events, Shri Mahaprabhuji explained " Krishnadas, that parrot which you saw is a devotee who has taken birth as a bird. He practise unceasingly repetition of ashtakshar mantra. Hearing you reciting it three times, he was able to pause for a moment to quench his thirst. I have explained to all of you formerly that the perpetual repetition of ashtakshar mantra is for your welfare and the welfare of those who will hear it". In this way Shri Mahaprabhuji taught the power of ashtakshar mantra to his intimate sevaks.
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Unnatiji, thanks for this wonderful varta, it really shows the power of the Maha Mantra.

Quote:
Do not let even a moment pass without the recetation of ashtakshar mantra. Unceasingly pronouncing Shri Krishna Sharanam Mama'.

Does that mean that even whilst we are doing other prayers such as the Yamustakam and Sarvottam strotra one must continue with the Asthakshar Mantra at the same time?

JSK
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Sitalji, thank you for your kind words in the previous posting, you are being too kind. Shri Thakorji has bestowed alot of Grace/Krupa upon us to give us (someone like me) such wonderful satsang with all of you wonderful vaishnav jeevs. It is said that He only gives Satsang to those who He chooses to Grace.

... to try and answer your question, and these is just personal thoughts, as always, any corrections or other views are most welcome and appreciated.

I think the implication is to keep doing bhagvad smaran. However when one is reciting Shri Yamunashtakam, Shri Sarvottam Stotram, Dhols/Kirtans/Pads, etc.., the mind/speech/body is already doing bhagvad smaran so there is no need to take special time out in between in order to recite the mantra.

However one should keep the mind/speech occupied in-between breaks between the recitations and ofcourse in any spare time/moment, such as doing the dishes, cooking (especially when preparing samagri), etc. This also helps one avoid the mind from getting dragged into mundane and materialistic thoughts and pointless discussions/debates/talks which are a time waster.

Considering what was/is said by Shri Mahaprabhuji, i am just trying to rephrase it here - "every moment is precious" and every moment 'wasted' in materialistic/mundane thoughts or talks (charcha) is an opportunity for Kali-Kaal, which would/could indirectly introduce doshes in us. Hence the need to spend every moment in bhagvad charcha and satsang, etc. (I think this was in a talk between Shri Mahaprabhuji and Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu - when they both met and were talking... one said that even if one's mind is occupied for a moment in bhagvad smaran it is good and the other said that if one is without smaran/sumiran even for a moment then Kali-Kaal can enter the person)

- if we observe (ourselves) closely, then we can find that 'we' go through this process constantly/daily - We could perhaps say that on a simpler level, the naam smaran/sumiran helps to keep our saatvick svabhaavs on top and polished (to prevent it getting rusty), above the tamas or rajas, etc., and thus prevents us from falling prey to other svabhaavs and sense-gratification, etc

Speaking for myself i think, it is not practical to focus on the mantra recitation and reciting the stotrams etc at the same time. If I were to try then I would not be able to do justice to either of them.

On a slightly relevant but separate note, and this is not a requirement but comes with practice... A practice which eventually becomes automatic where one doesnt have to think but just happens, same as breathing...
- When reciting the mantra one should be able to do 'dhyaan' of Shri Thakorji and His Leelas and His playgrounds, or His teerath dhaams, etc and this would be almost impossible in the middle of reciting other stotras and paaths..

apologies for the long-winded (and possibly confusing) posting.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Jagdishji, Very beautiful and appropriate reply. Thanx for the same.

Sitalji, Hope your query is solved.

Last edited by unnati on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thankyou Jagdisji, for the clarification and agree that if you concentrate on both at the same time you cannot to full justice to either. Please do not apologise for the long posting as it was easy to read and very informative.

JSK
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

In order to provide upliftment of Pushti Jivas, the divine being HIMSELF appeared before Shri Mahaprabhuji and gave him the Brahmasambandha diksha, and further promised him to accept all those beings/jeevs as his very own, (overlooking their doshas) to whom Shree MAhaprabhuji gave the Brahma Sambandha diksha. Brahma Sambandha means " Establishment of the broken down relationship that remained so for thousands of years, between Jivatma and Paramatma through the means of Samarpana i.e., surrender. In other words to accept HIM once again as your Master. To declare your servitude (dasatva) to HIM.

There is a provision of bringing an alliance through marriage to bring out the concept of Samarpana with love. In this alliance a women accepts the state of servitude to a man and makes him her master. For the comfort of her master (husband) a women (wife) surrenders her self through her mind body and money and offers seva and she believes that the comfort of her husband are the primary considerations in life for her and with that notion in mind she dedicates herself in his seva.

The same concept can be seen in Brahma Sambandha in a transcendental form Jivatma consides himself as the servant of Paramatma. He accepts HIM as his Master. In marriage ceremoney three aspects are important viz., a Brahman to perform the rites, fire to stand as witness, and saptapadi - i.e., seven steps to conjugal union.

In Brahma Sambandha the part of a Purohit is played by "Tulsi" - Basil leaves. I performs the "Hasta Melaps" - holding the hand for life - between the Bhakta and devine being. Here Shri Mahaprabhuji stands for the form of fire (Agni) to act as a witness. In his presence a jiva utters the Mantra of Brahma Sambandha which stands for "Sapta padi" process. Through this mantra he promises that he surrender his complete body, mind , all members of the family, all his wealth, this life, all the lives to come in future, all kinds of activities along with his atma to Shri Krishna. He recites the "Panchakshara Mantra" three times and accepts a complete and unconditional "Saranagati" of Shri Krishna with his speech, conduct and thoughts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: