Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

41 Shikshapatra
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruby
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Hi Jsk Reply with quote

Hi Jsk 2 all my Vasnav

Dear Vasnav,

I WONT 2 REQUEST 2 ALL DA VASNAV'S THAT CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE DONATIONS FOR THE THAKORJINI NI HAVELI IN INDIA WHICH CAUGHT IN FIRE. WE ARE RAISING FUNDS 4 DA TEMPLE. IF ANY 1 WONTS 2 DONATE PLEASE SEND ME A EMAIL ON sadhna_2006@hotmail.com OR IF U WONT 2 NO MORE PLEASE EAMIL ME ON MY ABOVE MAIL I'LL GET BACK 2 U ASAP.

JAI SREE KRISHNA
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Rubyji, thanks for the gesture, please supply more details like, where the Haveli is, which Gadi does it belong to, what is the official address of the committee who are in charge of this fund collection.

I hope you understand that when we put this kind of appeal in the public we have to be very precise and accurate in passing the information. I hope you will put forward these details.
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Sitalji, only knowledge may not be complete but having knowledge of the supreme SHRI KRISHNA and its activities is more fruitful. Hence Pushti margiya vaishnav must read the shodash granths, Shri Subhodhiniji, etc. and live and abide by the rules laid by our Acharya charan and if this is not possible then must at least keep reciting the Astakshar Mantra “Shri Krishna Shararan Mama”. Shri Mahaprabhuji was AGNI swaroop hence remembering Him and His work can help us get rid of all our sins into ashes.

Similar examples are given in Shrimad Bhagwad and Shrimad Bhagwad Gita..

Shravanam Kirtanam Vishnoh Smaranam Pada Sevanam
Archanam Vandanam Dasyam Sakhyam Atmanivedanam

"Prahlada Maharaja said: Hearing and chanting about the transcendental
Holy name, form, qualities, paraphernalia and pastimes of Lord Vishnu
Remembering them, serving the lotus feet of the Lord, offering the
Lord respectful worship , offering prayers to the Lord, becoming His servant, considering the Lord one's best friend, and surrendering everything unto Him (in other words, serving Him with the body, mind and words)"

Iti Pumsarpitah Vishnau Bhakti Cheta Nava Lakshanah
Kriyeta Bhagavaty Addha Tan Manye Adhitam Uttamam

"— These nine processes are accepted as pure devotional service. One
Who has dedicated his life to the service of Shri Krishna through these nine methods should be understood to be the most learned person, for he has acquired complete knowledge."

BHAGAVAD-GITA 4:37

yathaidhamsi samiddho 'gnir
bhasmasat kurute 'rjuna
jnanagnih sarva-karmani
bhasmasat kurute tatha

SYNONYMS

yatha--just as; edhamsi--firewood; samiddhah--blazing; agnih--fire;
bhasmasat--turns into ashes; kurute--so does; arjuna--O Arjuna;
jnana-agnih- -the fire of knowledge; sarva-karmani- -all reactions to
material activities; bhasmasat--to ashes; kurute--it so does;
tatha--similarly.

TRANSLATION

As the blazing fire turns firewood to ashes, O Arjuna, so does the
fire of knowledge burn to ashes all reactions to material activities.

(All sins get wiped out with pious activities which can be performed only when one has the complete knowledge of the Supreme Shri Krishna.)

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

One more quote !

BHAGAVAD-GITA 4:38

na hi jnanena sadrsam
pavitram iha vidyate
tat svayam yoga-samsiddhah
kalenatmani vindati

SYNONYMS

na--never; hi--certainly; jnanena--with knowledge; sadrsam--in
comparison; pavitram--sanctifie d; iha--in this world; vidyate--exists;
tat--that; svayam--himself; yoga--in devotion; samsiddhah-- matured;
kalena--in course of time; atmani--in himself; vindati--enjoys.

TRANSLATION

In this world, there is nothing so sublime and pure as transcendental
knowledge. Such knowledge is the mature fruit of all mysticism. And
one who has achieved this enjoys the self within himself in due course
of time.

PURPORT

When we speak of transcendental knowledge, we do so in terms of
spiritual understanding. As such, there is nothing so sublime and pure
as transcendental knowledge. Ignorance is the cause of our bondage,
and knowledge is the cause of our liberation. This knowledge is the
mature fruit of devotional service, and when one is situated in
transcendental knowledge, he need not search for peace elsewhere, for
he enjoys peace within himself. In other words, this knowledge and
peace are culminated in Shri Krishna .

palna
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Vasantji, i have a query in regards to the quote translations. Whilst translating the Yamunastakam in the last paragraph we stated that

Quote:
1)Their sins get destroyed (or not looked upon)-Sunitaji

Bhavati-thai che, it happens. Can describe it as CLEARING your sins. However they are not forgotten just best described as moved aside! Not taken note of, nor forgotten.-Palna

I was under the impression that this meant in general when one sins it does not go away or get burnt but is just not looked upon. So one still needs to work off the karma for such sins.

Where as in your posting you have stated

Quote:
Shri Mahaprabhuji was AGNI swaroop hence remembering Him and His work can help us get rid of all our sins into ashes

I was hoping you could explain this in further detail as i am slightly confused.

Also in regards to the direct translation and Purport it states that
Quote:

In this world, there is nothing so sublime and pure as transcendental
knowledge

I was under the impression that Param Pushti fal was not so much of how much one knows, although it certaily helps a great deal but that bhav and bhakti generated by prem was that which is sublime in this lokik world of Kalyug and Maya.

If i may comment the purport and direct translations sound very similar to hare Krishna writings, and the translations into English are very useful but i find them often conflicting Pushtimarg teachings. This is because there seems to be emphasis on knowledge rather than love in surrendership.

Please do clarify my confusions and thank you very much for posting them. It gives us all the opportunity to discuss them in depth and understand them fully.

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Vasantji, thanx for the beautiful quotes from Bhagwatji.

Quote:
I was under the impression that Param Pushti fal was not so much of how much one knows, although it certaily helps a great deal but that bhav and bhakti generated by prem was that which is sublime in this lokik world of Kalyug and Maya.

Palnaji, Shri Vallabhacharya gives the definition of devotion in His work Shastrartha-Nibandha as under:

Mahatmyajnana-purvastu, sudrdhah sarvatodhikah;
sneho bhaktiriti proktah, taya muktirna canyatha.

Meaning: When one has developed deep-rooted and utmost love (Sneha) for Bhagavan, preceded by the knowledge (Mahatmyajnana) of the greatness of the lord, it is called Devotion to Bhagavan. One can obtain salvation only by this devotion and in no other way.

Mahatmya-Jnana:
Mahatmya means the glory grandeur or greatness. And the comprehensive knowledge of Bhagavan's glory, grandeur or greatness is called Mahatmyajnana. 5Veda, Purana, Smrti, characterizations of devotees etc. describe the Mahatmaya of Bhagavan.

Eg. Once Arjuna requested Shri Krishna to show His divinity. And when Shri Krishna showed him His Virata-Svarupa, Arjuna began to behold everything including the sun, the moon, stars, the earth, the heaven, the hell etc. Also, Shri Krishna incarnated in the form of Nrsimha in order to protect His child-devotee Prahlada from the devilish designs of his demon-father. To know such an astonishing character is to know the Mahatmya of Bhagavan.

Sneha:
Those who do not have the knowledge of the greatness of Bhagavan cannot worship Bhagavan. As the knowledge of Bhagavan's greatness increases, the devotee begins to develop more and more respect, faith, confidence etc. in Bhagavan. As a result of this, emergence of love and affection takes place automatically. Here it is to be noted that affection in Bhagavan could be of two kinds. 1. Motivated by self-seeking interest and 2. un-selfish and pure. If the affection for Bhagavan is backed by temptation to achieve any kind of personal or impersonal object, it can be called selfishness and not devotion. Human affection for Bhagavan takes the form of devotion only when it becomes free from the worldly motives, no matter whether they are personal or impersonal.

However, one has to obtain at least some qualifications so as to do the service of Shri Krishna.

Ref: Praveshika.
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Good input Unnatiji.

Now for your question Palnaji,

Methods of seva and its siddants are different in Pushtimarg and Maryada Marg but what ever is stated in Shrimad Bhagwatam and Bhagwad Gita have been and will be accepted by all vaishnavs even our Acharyas have accepted it.

Pushtimarg is path of grace ( krupa marg) so if one has krupa all sins get vanished immediately and even taking Shri Mahaprabhuji’s name is same as taking Shri Thakurji’s name.

Also if you see under heading BHAKTI we have shown the importance of BHAKTI and Shri Mahaprabhuji himself have shown as that Bhakti Marg is more important then Gyan Marg of which the best is to look at Shri Thakurji’s sukh at all times.

Pushti bhakti is a grace of god. Here both the end and means is God. Everything is God i.e. praman, pramay, sadhan and fal. If one has to meet the God then pushti bhakti is the only means and not the other 2 paths i.e Pravah Marg and Maryada Marg. But Karma, Gyan and Upasna are the basic step to attain Pushti Bhakti.

The path of Devotion vouchsafes the achievement of the Supreme Self (Par Brahma). Hence it is higher than the Path of Knowledge. Many people in the world put forth that knowledge (GYAN) is the outcome of Devotion (Bhakti) and knowledge provides salvation (Mukti) .

The knowledge of the unity of the soul and the AKSAR BRAHMA and the knowledge that the whole universe is AKSAR BRAHMA Himself, to know like this is knowledge.

If such a knowledge is dawned upon, still the belongingness to the Supreme Self (Par Brahma) is far away, as the Supreme Being is beyond the AKSAR BRAHMA.

Please read the story of Ajamil it comes in Shrimad Bhagwad by just unknowingly reciting the name of Narayan (He was actually calling his son ) the Yamduts left him as Vishnu duts took charge.

BHAGAVAD-GITA 4:39

sraddhaval labhate jnanam
tat-parah samyatendriyah
jnanam labdhva param santim
acirenadhigacchati

SYNONYMS

sraddha-van- -a faithful man; labhate--achieves; jnanam--knowledge;
tat-parah--very much attached to it; samyata--controlled ;
indriyah--senses; jnanam--knowledge; labdhva--having achieved;
param--transcendent al; santim--peace; acirena--very soon;
adhigacchati- -attains.

TRANSLATION

A faithful man who is absorbed in transcendental knowledge and who
subdues his senses quickly attains the supreme spiritual peace.

(This does not mean he will go to Golok dham but he can be liberated)

Also mantras given by our guruji are capable of wiping out the sins and cleanses the heart of all material dirt and brings the senses under control .

-------------------At the same time one must have complete faith in the scriptures.-------------------------

BHAGAVAD-GITA 4:40

ajnas casraddadhanas ca
samsayatma vinasyati
nayam loko 'sti na paro
na sukham samsayatmanah

SYNONYMS

ajnah--fools who have no knowledge in standard scriptures; ca--and;
asraddadhanah- -without faith in revealed scriptures; ca--also;
samsaya--doubts; atma--a person; vinasyati--falls back; na--never;
ayam--this; lokah--world; asti--there is; na--neither; parah--next
life; na--not; sukham--happiness; samsaya--doubtful; atmanah--of the
person.

TRANSLATION

But ignorant and faithless persons who doubt the revealed scriptures
do not attain God consciousness. For the doubting soul there is
happiness neither in this world nor in the next.

palna
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Thank you very much Unnatiji and Vasantji for the quick responses. My sincere apologies for a late reply myself. Unnatiji you elaboration made it much more apparent as to what Vasantji's posting was about and very much helped in my understanding of Mahatmya-Jnana. Undeniably gaining that preceded knowledge of Thakorji allows for Sneha to develop in ones self. It is from learning listening and knowing of Thakorji that ones love for him develops and then blossoms. So any thanks to you both for the clarification.

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
shahhetp
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Vasantji, Pushtidasji, Unnatiji can we have next letter please. Waiting eagerly .........

JSK,
Hetal.
Shri Vallabh hi ko bhari bharoso.
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Here it is Hetalji. Sorry for the delay.

Shikshapatra 21 has total 10 shloks .

In this Shri Hariraiji highlights how to protect your bhaavas by keeping company of pushtimargiya vaishnavs and stay away from bad company and lokik dusang but concentrate on Shri Thakurji and its seva.

This kalikaal is so difficult to live in as all bhakti and seva of Shri Thakurji are slowly disappearing and vaishnavs for satsangs are getting hard to find also bhaava and feelings for God are detonating. As Bhaktimarg is slowly vanishing and if this is not protected then living this life is a waste.

Only when bhakti is developed one can get the feeling of pangs of separation and love for Shri Krishna increases. With so many doubts and fears rising in one’s mind how can one do seva with pure bhaava in his own home?

Always thinking of lokik pleasures makes one’s mind totally disturbed and always full of worries making it difficult to concentrate on seva and it is becoming hard to control the mind.

One also feels distant away from vaishnavs and satsangs making matters still worst.
Then how can one pacify his mind.?

My mind is firm, but because of not having daily satsangs it weakens.

Even the best listeners of God’s name are getting diverted in lokik work for survival and their minds divert away from God and towards their useless bodies and wealth accumulation.

To be uplifted one must forget the samsara (Which comprises of Ahamta and Mamta ) but do seva with firm believe in God only. As Shri Krishna is called the enemy of samsara yet protector of Bhaktas but still the foolish neglect HIM.

Pushtimarg vaishnavs please be very careful as this kaalikal can swindle away the mind in no time so be very cautious as one must always have stable and constant mind.

Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Vasantji, for the lovely translation, enjoyed reading your posting. Definitely agree that this Kalyug is horrendous and one must try by all means to maintain chit with Thakorji. Thank God we have Krishna seva and vaishnavs around us reminding us of our blissful lord. Sorry, I have a question, you translated that the foolish still neglect him. The way I have understood this concept it that they were invented to ignore Thakorji, hence created by Him as asuri jeevs who only believe in materialistic pleasures. Isn’t Pusthimarg just cut out for the certain daivi jeevs who can imbibe into Thakorji’s leela so others will naturally ignore him, as thakorji desired this play Question

Have also interpreted from satsang and reading that some pusthimarg jeevs could take their time in loving Thakorji as they may have other deeds to fulfil until they can step into Pusthimarg.

Please do correct my mistakes and elaborate on this topic if convenient

Thanks

JSK

Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Sitalji, what Shri Hariraiji is trying to say is that

Shri Thakurji's name is so pious that it helps us eliminate samsara (being materialistic) but fools still want to be materaialistic in collecting wealth, fame etc and at the same time take God's name and continue with seva and kirtans. They want both while God eliminates one by making it difficult for the vaishnav to get materialistic.

Shri Hariraiji is confirming that if you really love God, and want to be under HIS shelter then believe in HIM only, As He will surely take care of you, atleast have complete faith.

So why worry and dont be fooled by samsara which is just HIS Maya and it is working wonders on fools. Also if a vaishnav wants to enjoy the samsara as was told by Goswami Balak then think he has few more lifes to live before he really surrenders to God.

Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,,

Shikshapatra 22 has total 5 shloks

This one is the shortest and sweetest letter by Shri Hariraiji explaining the perils of Kal Jug and how to avoid them.

Here importance to "SATSANG" is given which is the only method to escape from perils of Kal-Jug and also by being close to vaishnavs.

In Pushtimarg (path of grace) bhaav is the only means and Shri Thakurji is the blessed form (fruit.).

So vaishnavs please protect your wealth (Shri Thakurji) and avoid all disturbances that interfere with your seva.

Mingle with vaishnavs engage in satsangs and increase your devotion towards Hari Krishna.

More news will be in Bhandari’s letter so please respond quickly.

Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Vasantji, for the reply and clarification Smile

JSK
shahhetp
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna

Vasantji, Pushtidasji can I request u for next Shikshapatra please?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: