Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Balbodh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Pushtidasji, Please continue.....................
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now let us look at second half of 5th stanza and also stanza six.

Quote:
Mokshe Chatavari Shastrani Laukike paratah svataha || 5 ||
Dwidha dve, dve svatastatra sankhya yogau prakirtitah
Tyagatyaga-vibhagens sankhye Tyagaha Prakirtirtaha || 6 ||

We will first try to look at the words and its meanings with the concept of the stanza and then we will try to summarise the above stanza.

Mokshe: within the salvation. Shree Vallabh is discussing moksha as a subject.

Chatavari: this a very old Sanskrit word meaning four

Shastrani : in the Scriptures

Laukike : as in material world (Worldly talks). In using this word, Shree Mahaprabhuji is thinking about the Soul, the soul who have been imbibing in material world.

Parataha : the other or the external.

Swataha : of our own accord or self-effort. (potanathi thata)

Dwidha : 2 types/varieties. There are two varieties of Shastra (Scriptures).

Dvai dvai : Two and two. Within both the Shastra there are two Shastra within each of them. So this way there are four types of Moksha in the Shastra (Scriptures).

Swatstatra: This word has two syllables, Swats and tatra. Swats= of own, as per ours and tatra mean within. So it really means self-effort. The Scriptures are divided into two, as Swatstatra and Parataha.

Sankhya: Is the count within the Arithmetic.

Yogau: Please do not confuse this word with the word yoga, the yoga here is not the exercise, but a deed or practise of meditation to acquire some designated result, the word yogau mean the theory, the theorem of Sankhya and yoga, or the theory in which the Arithmetic counts on two types of moksha which also has two and two, that's is each moksha has two each counts, that is moksha. There are four types and each has two each section. So the Arithmetic of the moksha count is of eight-fold theory of yoga.

Prakirtitau: Sorry Prakirtitau is not pra-kirti as in famous; this word means 'it has been said' or 'explained' (kahela che) by pra-purush, that is by prominent spiritual people like sage/hermits.

Tyagatyag: With sacrifice and without sacrifice

Vibhagen: in that department, section, division or subdivision.

Sankhye: In Sankhya, within the sum, the count. The Sankhya here is the count described in "Shree-Ishwar-Krushna" as "Count-index" (sankhya-karika). According to Sankhya-Karika these are the indexing:
1. Mulprakruty: (mull= main, prakruti=nature (swabhava) or constitution) This Mulprakruty is not produced by others, that is, by outer influence, so it is avikrut (that is, cannot change the state). And the deed of Mulprakruty, through which all is created.
2. Mahatatva, Ahankar and Panchtanmatra:All seven elements are the reason of above creation. The seven elements are Mahatatva, Ahankar and five tanmatra (Panchtanmatra, these five tanmatra are, Shabda=words, Sparsh=touch, roop=beauty, ras=taste and gandha=smell, aroma). These seven elements are the character of Prakruti and any deeds created by this character are responsible to these seven elements.
3. Panch Mahabhto: Panch= five, Mahabhto=primary element. The five primary elements are Akash (sky), Vayu (the air), tej (the light), jal (water) and Pruthvi (the earth). Apart from these five primary elements, the count-index includes five Gnanandriya, five Kamendriya and mana (mind), this way we have sixteen end product of the deed created by the others or external elements. The five Gnanandriya are ankh (eyes), kaan (ears), naak (nose), jebha (tongue) and chamdi (skin). The five Kamendriya are, haath (hands), paaga (legs), vani (speech), upastha (gynandries=sexual organs) and guda (anus). These elements are responsible to increase one's material erotic (vikaar) and hence makes one indulge into materialistic life. But these are not able to create the liberated state.
4. The creation that is not for other creation (Prakruti) or any creation that is not created by others, is known as Purush, or the soul (atma), this purush is kutastha (non problematic), Nitya (always), Aparinami (without the result), pratisharir (earthly body) and bhinna (separate, distinct).So this way there are 25 elements in Ganit Shastra, that is Shree-Ishwar-Krushna.

Tyagaha: Sacrifice

Prakirtirtaha: same as Prakirtitau.

So both yoga and Sankhya have been mentioned as the two different schools of thoughts whereby self-effort can produce the liberated state.

Summary:
In Laukik moksha, that is in this material world there are four traditions concerning liberation (moksha), which is the fourth pursuit of human life. As we saw in details above, the two schools of Shastra teach that liberation is attained by Swatstatra (self-effort) while the other two paths take tyag and atyag; the two paths take assistance of God.

We now know that, both Yoga and Sankhya have been mentioned as the two schools whereby the self-effort can produce the liberated state. On the other hand Sankhiya system teaches the external renunciation while the school of eight-fold (25 elements in total, see above) yoga does not promote external abjuration. (6)
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Pushtidasji, for word Sankhye 25 elements in Ganit Shastra, that is Shree-Ishwar-Krushna is described. i.e.

7 Element : Mahatatva, ahankar, word, touch, beauty, taste and smell.
5 Primary element: sky,air, light,water and earth.
5 gyanandriya : eyes, ear, nose, toungue and skin.
5 Karmendriya : hand, leg, speach, reproductive organ and anus.
1 : mind

This are all together 23, so which are the other 2 to make it 25 elements.
Are the other 2 Chit and Buddhi.

Also Please explain the meaning of Mahatatva.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai ShreeGokulesh,

Well done Unnatiji. I did not describe Mahatatva, the reason was to see who 'really' reads the postings. I am proud of your keeness, you are true Tibari Sakhi. I am very proud of you.

Mahatatva in this concept is "Chit" and "Budhi (brain) or Samaniya budhi (common sense)".

And yes those are two I delibrately did not high light. Clever or what? Hope you have not sneaked into my library and stole it from my notes?

Last edited by Pushtidas on Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

I know the above Balbodh posting is heavy, hope I have done justice and made it simpler. Please do ask if you are not sure of any part of the posting. Please let me have your feed back. This also includes the silent readers. Hey, Silent Reader, dayit drushyatam...man!

Now Unnatiji, post the word explanation of next stanza. I will not be able to post anything this evening as we are having our Friday satsang at my place. You all are invited.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Thankyou Pushtidasji, for the kind words. You are absolutely doing justice to make it simple and easy to understand.

Here i go for 7th stanza .......

Ahanta Mamatanashe Sarvatha Nirhan Krutau,
Swarupastho Yada Jivaha Krutarthah Sa Nigdyate (7)

Ahanta : "I" Ness

Mamata : "My" Ness

Nashe : Gets destroyed

Sarvatha : All types

NirhanKrutau : Devoid of egotism

Swarupastho : Realising the true form

Yada : When

Jivaha : Human soul

Krutarthah : Salvation

Sa : That (Human soul)

Nigdyate : Is said

Also thankyou for the invitation.......
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Quote:
Ahanta Mamata Nashe Sarvatha Nirhan Krutau,
Swarupastho Yada Jivaha Krutarthah Sa Nigdyate (7)

Ahanta: "I" Ness. The ahanta, in the concept of Balbodh, is not as simple to explain. Although we can describe this as "I" ness as explained by Unnatiji, but really the ahanta is what is described in sixth stanza; here the ahanta is that Prakirtitah, described by prominent sages/hermits, the outer elements away from Tyagaha (sacrifice), that is, the elements we can be observe from outer zone. The outer elements like indriyo (11), Tanmatra (5), Budhi (1), and all these 17 elements are part of earthly body. All these elements easily are penetrated by an element of erotic nature and the element which infuse the selfish identification of "me". This "ME" identity is described as ahanta and is effected by the 17 elements described as above.

Mamata: "My" Ness (attachment). The identification of "MINE" is mamta. The mamata element is instigated by Social relation by friendship and erotic element derived from the earthly body desire. This is a relation made by social boundaries and the structures, for instance the relation of men women, turn into husband and wife through the marriage boundaries and the consummation of marriage produces children and the attachments with wife and children; these attachments are the cause of mamata.

Nashe: Gets destroyed. This word is in conjunction with ahanta and mamta. As these two elements are truly connected with the worldly body, that is material world, they have to be either diversified or these elements have to be destroyed to attain pure spiritual soul.

Sarvatha: All types. It really means "completely" and not "all types". As this word again is connected to ahanta, mamta and Nashe, it means "completely". So when we put these words together it means : When Ahanta, mamta are completely destroyed from the worldly attachments then the soul is on its way to be a pure spiritual atma.

NirhanKrutau: Devoid of egotism. It is said the intelligence (budhi) is the reflection of soul and as the reflection becomes hazy, then the haze that does this to budhi, the element that creates the haziness is known as egotism (Abhimaan). Once devoid of egotism is cleared with ahanta, mamta, then the intelligence reflects the pure soul and this process is described as swarupastha.

Swarupastho : Realising the true form. When a soul is in the state of swarupastha, the soul is now realising the true form, that is, the original soul which was the soul which originally took birth on the earth. This is the state of virgin soul, which is completely Swarupastho.

Yada: When. This adjective is used to administer or stress the condition of Swarupastho. That is to say, that when all the above criteria are fulfilled completely, then and only then, the human soul attains the true form.

Jivaha: Human soul

Krutarthah: Salvation

Sa: That (Human soul)

Nigdyate: Is said. It is the opinion in Sankhiya ganit. (this Sankhiya ganit has been described in "Shree-Ishwar-Krishna Index book). With Swarupastho state, the soul now can achieve swato moksha. This is the state one does not rely on the others to provide moksha.

Summary:

The two schools are deemed spiritually accomplished when they become forever completely free of ahanta, mamata and devoid of egotism are destroyed. Then the soul becomes established in pure state of form of soul, which is their true form (7)
Nirupa
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Pushtidasji, you have definitely done justice. The way you explain each stanza, makes it easy to understand. Thank you.

Please tell us about Shree-Ishwar-Krishna Index book.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Nirupaji for lovely words of praise. I am only an instrument, it is Shree vallabh's Krupas,His grace that instigates this within a poor soul like me. Rest is the Hari and Guru's grace as well.

Shree-Ishwar-Krishna book is known as Sankhiyakarika.The legend depicts that the cronology set by Ishwar at the time of Shree Brahmaji was given task of creating universe. This index and the Chaturth sloki Bhagwat was Lord's command to create universe within the parameter of the Sankhiyakarika. For example, panchmahabhuto was indexing of creating humans and universe.

Please note the above is a simple layman's explanation, in vedic and purans, the indexing is really a manual of creating Brahmand (universe) for Bhrahmaji. It contains indexed task in asending order of creation.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Unnatiji, can you please put forward the word breaks for stanza eight. Thanking you in anticipation.

Quote:
tadartham prakriya kacchtpurane'pi nirupita |
rushbhirbahudha prokta phalamekamabhayatah || 8 ||

Nirupa
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Pushtidasji for explaining Shree-Ishwar-Krishna book.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Tadartham Prakriya Kachit Puranepi Nirupita Rushibhihir Bahudha Prokta Falamekam Bahyataha

Tadartham : By mean of SANKHYA scriptures

Prakriya : Activity

Kachit : Anyone

PuranepiNirupita : As said in the vedic scripts

Rushibhihir : As per the sages/hermits

Bahudha : In different ways

Prokta : Has been said

Falam : Fruit

ekam : One

Bahyataha : Not opposite to the veda
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Here is the stanza eight of Balbodh.

Quote:
tadartham prakriya kacchtpurane'pi nirupita |
rushbhirbahudha prokta phalamekamabhayatah || 8 ||

Tadartham: Tadartham mean within that concept (tay matai). Here Shree Mahaprabhuji mentions the science of arithmetic, that is, actual methods of liberation have been revealed in certain portions and concept of Purans. So Tadartham is really mentioning the actual portions revealed in Purans, these portions are types of Liberation (types of Moksha which have been revealed in Sankhiya Shastra).

Prakriya: Activity. Prakriya is really the indexing of liberation and the indexing depends on portions mentioned in Puran. The Puran has records of twenty-five tatvakathan roop (25 elements of one's self-character) and these elements are for one to liberate out of non Vedic liberation. These are some elements mentioned in Puran to the actual methods for liberation.

Kachit: Kachit means some and not someone. (Koik)

Puranepi Nirupita : As said in the Vedic scripts. Here we have Puran, Api and Nirupita, three words. Puran means Old scriptures. Api means "as" and Nirupita means to discard (chodi ne). Here Shree Vallabh is saying the elements like ahanta mamta of material life, when discarded, then the original character becomes enlightened, that is the original form of atma (soul) is realised.

Rushirbhih: As per the sages/hermits

Bahudha: In different ways. Here the different ways are of Maya, Mohita budhi. (maya =material attachment 26 types, Mohita= 25 types of material attractions and the Budhi=16 ways of mental agility of brains which triggers material life solace .

Prokta: Has been said

Falam: Fruit of Moksha (liberation)

ekam: One

Bahyataha: Not opposite to the Veda. Abahyata = against Vedic Purans.

Summary

In that Sankhiya of moksha, the actual methods for liberation have been revealed in certain portion of Purans. The enlightened sage/hermits have spoken about liberation in many different ways and final reward that they all refer to is only one (the same), as long as it does not contradict the Vedic traditions (Cool
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Pustidasji, very beautifully explained. But i could not understand this following part could you please explain me.

Bahudha: In different ways. Here the different ways are of Maya, Mohita budhi. (maya =material attachment 26 types, Mohita= 25 types of material attractions and the Budhi=16 ways of mental agility of brains which triggers material life solace .
Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Yes Pushtidasji Cool It is cool with you.

With us it is like breaking the ice with our heads. Razz
Really we all greatly appreciate the way you translate and make us all understand what is simple for you was really hard for us.

You are doing excellent please continue at your convinience. Thank you very much. Very Happy

Mero to Aadhar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mere gale ko haar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mero to shinghar Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind
Ga-o Varamvar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind --------!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: