Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Balbodh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Well said Palna ji. Unnatji, your observation is correct. Shree Mahaprabhuji does explain the moksha in the second stanza. Please note that Shree Mahaprabhuji here is describing the two folds of human pursuits (Pursharth) explained by Sages and also the Vedic (The God) divine reality.

In Sages eyes they have maintained that in materialistic life four pursuits of human beings are explained as below:

In material world a human has to do:

Dharma= Duty to do outer chores to acquire inner satisfaction

Arth=their duties are to wife, children, providing wealth and acquiring wealth.

Kaam=Use all the body senses and to acquire the pleasures which human body gets pleasure e.g. lust.

Moksha=This is the end result after succeeding the first three, Dharma, Arth and Kaam, pursuits and the result is success that give the material attainment of progressive life.

With Vedic the human purists (explained by God) is as following:

Dharma= Duty to inner spiritual attainment with outer action which is called Bhakti.

Arth=the aim to acquire the spiritual wealth is God

Kaam= All desire in spiritual attainment to be addressed to God.

Moksha= in this spiritual attainment one desire the utmost Vedic liberation.

So Unnatji Shree Mahaprabhuji is describing the four pursuits and the two tier understanding of Sages and Vedic explanation depicted by God. Shree Vallabh here only explains all the four pursuits and in doing so He also describes the attainment of Moksha which then is a vehicle to describe the Bhakti-Fal, the Fal that is the ultimate liberation.

So in Balbodh, Shree Vallabh explains the attainment of pursuits in spiritual and material life. All four pursuits are common in both level but the end results achievement is per individual desire. This is easy to understand. For better material life we use all four pursuits and in attaining high spiritual life as well, we have the same four pursuits. If we accept the nature of four pursuits in life then it should not be difficult to practice the Vedic pursuits to acquire the spiritual liberation. So here Shree Vallabh is trying to make spiritual attainment comparatively easy and is showing the balak of religious attainment, that he/she is already practicing these four pursuits in normal circumstances, so it should be easy to indulge into religious sector with the same pursuits. Although the end result is slightly different, that is the goal to achieve happiness, sukh and to get rid of dukh (unhappiness).

I hope this clears the doubt in your mind.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Thankyou Palnaji for joining us in this beautiful topic and clarifying my doubt.......
Pustidasji excellent explanation..... Really now i too can say Pushtidasji's style is easy to understand for the new comers in this sect like me....... Wink
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai Shree Gokulesh

Well Unnatiji, thanks for your love for satsang, otherwise such blissful satsang would not have been possible.

By the way, like your signature phrase. Very meaning ful.

Keep it up.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Thankyou Pushtidasji.........
Now waiting for you to explain 3rd stanza........
Nirupa
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Unnatiji and Pushtidasji.... thoroughly enjoying the satsung.
manish
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Gr8 going dear Vaishnavs and trying to understand Balbodh.

thankyou

Manish Ashar
gopal
Vice President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jai jai shrigokulesh

Pushtidasji, i will request to u that please continue the topic of balbodh, as it is very interesting. Pls do continue the topic.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Jai Jai Shree Gokulesh Gopalbhai, thank you for enjoying the satsang Tibari, here the third stanza, just for you:

Now the third stanza:

Quote:
alaukikastu vedoktah sadhyasadhansamyutah
Laukika rsibhih proktastathevesvara siksaya || 3 ||

Lets us break the words and try to understand what really comes out of the analization of the words.

Alaukikas: This word has been described by Unnatiji as non-worldly, here shree Mahaprabhuji is speaking about the divine reality, the spiritual world. Shree Mahaprabhuji used alaukikah is to warn us that Aapshree is going to discuss the lokik pursuits within spiritual (aloukik) plane, this is what will be discussed in Balbodh further down.

Tu : As described by Unnati as YOU, but in Sanskrit, tu means Tau, which means "have".

Vedoktah: As mentioned in the Veda. Shree Mahaprabhuji is explaining that all He is saying is depicted in the Shastra and Veda. Actually, vedoktah means it is explained through Mantra of Veda.

Sadhiya: Object. It is in Veda ones object in life is described. When explaining the object, that is sadhiya, shree Mahaprabhuji coins another word which is "Avantar", meaning the object of spiritual life, sometimes in his vivachan (explanation) He is seen to use "KARIYA" as well, means object.

Sadhan: Is the means, that is, the object has a desire, and that desire turns into means, so sadhna is really a vehicle in which one travels to get that destination, the destination of Sadhiya, the object.

Sanyutah: (pronounced as samyuta) means very much in respect of, attainment.

Laukika: the worldly. Shree Mahaprabhuji is comparing the lokik and alokik Pursharth, human (pursuits).

Rushirbhih: by Sages/Hermits. The operative word is 'bhih'. Shree Vallabh is demonstrating that the terms of how to attain these pursuits have 'also' been discussed at its fullest by sages and hermits. Bhih means "also", infact Shree Vallabh is making us aware that God has given attainment of the object in Veda and hence, Sages have acknowledged this. Infact, Rushirbhih was carefully chosen word by Shree Vallabh. Aapshree could have use Rushimunis, but He needed to tell us that it was the Vedic mantras which had incited Rushimunis (sage/hermit) to derive the object of the attainment of human pursuit. This was deffinately important and Shree Mahaprabhuji was trying to tell us that although God had put the object in achieving human pursuits in spiritual life, Rushimunis have also identified these pursuits in worldly environment, and used Veda pursuits in the human life.

And smoothly, Shree Vallabh cleverly makes a transition from Rushimunis understanding of Veda pursuits to the Eshvaria Siksaya.

Eshvaria Siksaya: The all mighty who is capable and with His will (svaetchaye) created souls within the Vedas, Arth Gyan (common knowledge) and Prerna (inspiration) on earth with different types of characters (Adhikari). As the souls are different in it's characters, their grasping and living understanding differs, hence, God has used the Veda Mantras to educate all four pursuits of human nature according to their Adhikari, this explained in Veda and that is what God wanted to educate.

Prokta: As said within the concept of these pursuits.

So summarise all above, the third stanza will be as:

The Vedas have already addressed the divine reality in terms of how to attain the pursuits as well as the object of that attainment. The pursuits of life have also been proclaimed by sages and hermits in materialistic world according to the teachings, understanding and the knowledge they derived from God.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Pustidasji, thanx for correcting. Also the explanation was beautiful.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh,

Here is the 4th stanza.....

Laukikasmtu Pravakshyami Vedadahya Yataha Sthitaha Dharmasastrani Nitischa Kamasastrani Cha Kramat (4)

TriVarga Sadhakaniti Na Tanniranya Uchayate (4 1/2)

Loukikanna : Worldly Goals/Purpose

Tu : Have [Aham : I]

Pravakshyami : Said it deeply

Vedaadha : In veda etc

Yattam : From which

Stitha : It is acheived from

Dharmashashtrani : Dharmashashtra

Niti : Nitishashtra

Cha : And

Kaamshashtrani : Kaamashashtra

Cha : And

Krayatma : As per the sequence

Trivargasadhakanni : Establisher of 3 objectives i.e. dharma, arth and kaam

Itta : Like that

Na : Not

Tannirnaaya : Confirmed views

Uchayte : Discribing
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Unnatiji for putting lovely meaning of stanza word by word. I hope I am doing justice to your breakdown. Thanks for your support.

Quote:
laukikamstu pravaksyami vedadadya yatah sthitah
dharnasastrani nitishschva kamasastrani cha kramat || 4 ||
trivargasadhakaniti na tannirnaya uchyate || 4 ½ ||

Please note that I have taken part of stanza from 5th stanza. The reason is quite simple; the stanza number four's thoughts are over flowing into first part of the fifth stanza and I thought it would be appropriate to discuss four and half stanzas so we can keep the continuity of the flow, as Mahaprabhuji and Shree Gusainji did in their vivachan on Balbodh.

Let's look at the breakdown of the stanzas, with word by word analyses.

Laukikan: the worldly human pursuits,

pravakshyami: I will say this in a polite way.
vedadadya: We have two syllables, or rather two words. Vedad means as per Veda, and the second word adya means firstly (Prathamna). So put together will read as: as per the beginning, first mention in Vedas.

Yatah: Please note this is not yattam, it seems to be a miss print, and actual word is yatah. This word mean (Karan ke) because of.

Sthitah: it is achieved from, (rahela che). Shree Mahaprabhuji is describing what Gemini and Ved Vyasji has appropriately achieved the indexing of the first three pursuits of humans, Here, sage Gemini had indexed the dharma with "Kalpa era" dharma and Ved Vyasji had indexed arth and kaam with the people who seeks Brahmavada (as depicted in Braham discussion on the subject) to gain moksha, which Vyasji said is only the moksha which is supposed to be gained from a third party or rather reliance on other deity for the moksha. So because all these three pursuits do not synchronise with the achievement with spiritual, hence, all this three pursuits is described as Loukik (material) Pursuits. So Shree Vallabh politely shrugs away from these three categories

dharnasastrani : the Shastra which depicts the dharma (proper behaviour). Shree Mahaprabhuji has described this dharnasastrani as dharma Shastra which bases on Sage/hermit psychology and spiritual memories of their meditation (manusmruty), and Gruhasustra, the system of Vedas (Veda sakha anusaar).

nitishschva : again two words combination. Niti and schwa. Niti mean honesty and schwa means and. The Shastra of niti, the honesty and...(please note: the vaishnavs who have read an English translation on Balbodh by Shree Shyamdas, "Niti" as described as wealth. This does not give an accurate translation. But this Shastra do describe the niti as wealth. And I request that, please do not drag me into any controversy as I will not say any more than what I have already wrote here.) Shree Mahaprabhuji when describing niti Shastra is really explaining the niti as "Bruhaspati and Raj niti, that Socio political Shastra.

kamasastrani: Kaam Shastra (the Shastra of erotics)

cha: and

kramat : please note the word is kramat and not " Krayatma". It means as per sequence.

trivargasadhakaniti : we have three syllabuses, trivarga, sadhakani and eti. Trivarga: the three pursuits (dharma, arth and Kaam); sadhakani= (Sidh karnar) to establish and eti= (Athi) with this. In this three pursuits shree Vallabh gives an indication to an opposite (parasper virudh) evil pursuits like Adharma (non dharma), anarth (opposite of arth) dveshadi (the grudge), and as these are opposite to dharma ,arth and kaam, Shree Vallabh has politely swayed this as part of discussion in Balbodh.

tannirnaya : (teno nirnay)= confirmed views. As this was The above trivargasadhakaniti views confirmed in Ved Shastra, does not conforms the Pardharma roop bhakti, that is, Krupa Marga which does not depict as a vehicle to acquire God, so He politely discards this part of Shastra.

na uchyate : (kahevato nathi) cannot be said or described. Please note the na = not or cannot be, the na was prefixed of tannirnaya in the stanza but, when we break it into a meaning full stanza, the prefix changes with uchyate. This part is connected with above tannirnaya, and according to Shree Vallabh the tannirnaya does not conform to Bhakti Marg sidhant so cannot be considered.

Summary of the above stanza:

I shree Mahaprabhuji will now explain the goals on Loukik pursuits that sages have revealed per Vedas. I will politely, not discuss the explained divine reality. The doctrines that address dharma, kaam and erotics have already been explained the way to attain these three pursuits of life and I will not discuss them here.

Last edited by Pushtidas on Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh

Thanx for correcting pushtidasji. Also sorry for the 2 mistakes. Very nicely explained.

Now i cont......

Mokshe Chatavari Shastrani Laukike Parataha Swataha (5)

Dwidha Dvai Dvai Swatstatra Sankhya Yogau Prakirtitau Tyagatyag Vibhagen Sankhye Tyagaha Prakirtirtaha (6)

Mokshe : For salvation

Chatavari : 4

Shastrani : Scriptures

Laukike : Worldly talks

Parataha : Through others

Swataha : By oneself

Dwidha : 2 types/varieties

Dvai Dvai : Twice

Swatstatra : Getting it on your own

Sankhya : Sankhya

Yogau : Yoga

Prakirtitau : Is famous

Tyagatyag : With sacrifice and without sacrifice

Vibhagen : Difference

Sankhye : In sankhya

Tyagaha : Sacrifice

Prakirtirtaha : Is famous

Hope i have not made any mistake Rolling Eyes Anyways if at all i made any mistake please feel free to correct Very Happy
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Unnatiji, I don't think these are mistakes, I have seen many pustak carry this kind of inferier typo or mistakes. Thanks for taking this lightly, I was very much biting my nails and was not sure how you will react. Thanks for making it so light and simple.

Thank you for the team work and your input in satsang tibari.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Unnatiji, I will post the above stanza and its explanation in the evening, (London time). Very clever, trying to "push" Pushtidas to move fast on the subject, quite subtle.
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i like ur subtlety Unnatiji!! come on "push"tidasji its evening time in London im looking forward to the next posting!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: