Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

252 Varta
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Thank you very much Sitalji and Jagdishji for such quick responses and clear explanations. I like the analogy of the half baked pot it makes sense. Very Happy

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAI SHREE KRISHNA,

Sitalji lovely story thank you for finishing it and for the tip! lol lets turn it around and hope he makes us cry in hilag!!
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Well done everyone. Lovely prasangs and some good bhava prakash.

Now, the pending bhava behind the story why vaishnava killed their own son to make the visiting vaishnav to stay. Trushnaji we did discuss this at length and I am sure you are now aware of my views, so if you like you can reiterate on Tibari so other vaishnavs can share it.
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna...

oh dear i feel like im in the hot seat!! i doubt i'll do your views and our satsung justice... but here goes:

The confusion and quiries within this varta were derived from the justification of Vaishnav Parents killing their own child for continuation of satsung. After all was their son not a Vaishnav also? The reasons fall into three main categories, firstly, the child in a previous life had aquired the need to pay of debt to these Vaishnavs, secondly, he was asked for his consent to offer his life for a Vaishnav and had agreed, thirdly the Parents of the child were in bliss and addiction of the Vaishnav company and could not bare to be seperated.

The Varta resulted in the boy being rescued by the visiting Vaishnav with the help of charnamrut(forgive the spelling mistake) and with Thakorjis grace ofcourse. The visitng vaishnav overwhelmed by the action of the parents decided his family would come and stay and never leave.

We ended the satsung with the thought that dying for the love of a Vaishnav isnt such a terrible thing, but that type of bhav and sincerity is hard to come by so no one these days really is justified in killing each other all in the name of Vaishnavata and getting closer to Thakorji!

Please Pushtidasji and other Vaishnavs correct me where I have gone wrong or left anything out.

JSK
Nital
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna
Trushnaji, that was well expalined...however, like you said killing (or attempting to kill someone) is not vaishnavta no matter in what context - in this case it was the parents' love for the vaishnav and their desire for him to stay but the only reason for their actions to have some justification for me anyway is the fact that the son had a debt to repay to his parents from the last life...hmm, i don't know, it's still difficult to understand because at the end of the day, it was the parents who actually carried out the sinful actions and the son was merely the subject of this...???
Please fell free to add your thoughts!
JSK
Nital
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

It's me again....I forgot in the earlier posting to add an interesting fact that was shared in our satsung by Pushtidasji....in the 252 varta, 84 vaishnavs are or satwick bhav, 84 of rajas bhav and 84 or tamus bhav (84x3=252....cool hey?!) Can anyone share why nirghun bhav vaishnavs are not included the 252 varta?

JSK
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna Nitalji,

Very nice to see you on sight!! Thanx I did my best, you know my feelings and I agree this Varta was a little hard to digest, but boils down to Thakorji's lilas i guess! Smile Only God knows completley and why things happen the way they do Razz AHHHH you have to love Thakorji for that though the Natkhat!

As I was in Satsung I wont give the answer to your question, that will feel like cheating!
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Hehehe ill cheat Trushnaji if you insist.... The reason Nitalji (as far as i know) is that Shree Mahaprabuji whilst on buthal picked up(so to speak) all of the Nirgun bhakta, he had also picked up others but by the time Shree Gusainji came all of the Nirgun bhakta were already picked up.... Please vaishnavs feel free to add more and correct where i may have been mistaken.

Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna Vallah Vaishnavs

Am so glad the varta about the vaishnav couple poisoning their son has finally been discussed. Thank you Trushnaji, I liked your summary and think you did a fabulous job with your elaborations as it’s difficult to comprehend this varta fully like Nitalji expressed, especially in this day and age. So Manishji what did you think?

Think it is time to open up some more varta’s, don’t you agree Question Trying to become a good vaishnav and then hoping to develop into Tadrusi vaishnav’s by Shri Thakorji’s Grace is something we all long for. Can someone please pick a varta and illustrate with example’s from that chosen story, quality’s a vaishnav should posses Idea

JSK
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Whilst reading Shyamdasji's translated vartas I came across the story of “The Bhaktas From Ujjain”. I thought it was a mindful Varta and it got me thinking. Please note that I have not directly copied his translation so am sorry for any misunderstandings or any inaccurate interpretations. It is a long Varta so please bear with me. For the original translated version please click on the following link:

http://www.geocities.com/pushti_marg/Ujjain-bhaktas.html

There once were a group of keen Vaishnavs who got together and began satsang. There minds began to quench the knowledge of how to please Thakorji.
“Ohhh pyara Vaishnavs, how can we please Shree Krishna??”
“Alas, I do not know what will bring euphoric smiles to his innocent but alluring face”
“Hmmmm, we are surrounded by so many ardent vaishnavs, let us ask these established devotees what they do that makes Shree Krishna pleased”
The group of four decided it was the best suggestion and headed off to find the answer to their queries.

The four Vaishnavs arrived at a neighboring bhaktas home.
“JAI SHREE KRISHNA!!”
They humbly greeted
“Please Vasihnav, tell us how we can please Shree Krishna??”
The bhakta replied
“Shri Krishna is pleased with seva, with divine service that arises from a pure bhava that is in accordance to the teachings of Shri Mahaprabhuji and Shri Gusainji.”
“But vaishnav, how would one recognise true seva which is to our Natkhat's liking??”
In response that bhakta explained
“There are four indications. First, bhaktas naturally go to homes where seva is made. The second indication is that Shree Nathji's form fills their hearts with bliss as they reflect, 'Through the grace of Shree Mahaprabhuji and Shree Gusainji, Shri Krishna comes and accepts my water and cooking.' The third sign is that just as they adorn Shri Krishna, so He appears. The fourth way of knowing is that the offerings that are made to Shree Krishna in Shree Mahaprabhuji 's name, have many different divine tastes and the plate of prasada does not diminish. When all this occurs, know that Shree Krishna is pleased with the seva.”
The group were pleased with his shared knowledge and the bhakta decided that he would take the group to another ardent vaishnavs residence to ask what they believe pleases Shree Krishna. So the five of them set off to absorb more beautiful pearls of advice.
“JAI SHREE KRISHNA”
The group greeted.
“Please vaishnav, we wondered if you would be able to share with us what we can do that will please Shree Krishna??
The bhakta exclaimed
"Shree Krishna is pleased with the bhakta that Shree Svaminiji is pleased with. Then she showers her blessings."
“Hmmmm” The group began to ponder
“Vaishnav...” They began inquisitively
“How can one tell if Shree Swaminiji is pleased?”
In response the vaishnav explained
“Know that Shree Svaminiji is pleased when the bhakta's faith becomes firm and there is one-pointed devotion to Shree Mahaprabhuji, Shree Gusainji, Shree Nathji as well as to Shree Svaminiji and other bhaktas. Then know that Shree Krishna has blessed the bhakta. This path is solely Shree Svaminiji's. When She is pleased, Shree Krishna allows the soul entrance into the lila and when that happens, know that Shree Krishna is delighted.”

The Vaishnavs pleased with the response felt content but not fulfilled.
“ Krishna Bhatts is a great vaishnav, there is much to learn from him so let us pass the query onto him” Suggested a Vasishnav
The group complied and eagerly went to meet Krishna Bhatt.

When they arrived at Krishna Bhatt's house, he was making seva. After offering Shree Krishna His lunch, Krishna Bhatt came out and greeted everyone.
“JAI SHREE KRISHNA!!” He greeted the group.
“How is it that you have all blessed me by coming here today?”
“We were hoping you could answer our query. We want to know how to please Shree Krishna?”
Krishna Bhatt replied,
“You have asked this question to other bhaktas, what did they say?”
“One bhakta told us that if we serve Shree Krishna according to the teachings of the Path of Grace, He becomes pleased and grants His experience. Another bhakta explained that when Shree Svaminiji showers her blessings, Shree Krishna is pleased and grants realisation.”
Krishna Bhatt then responded
“Both of those explanations are aligned with the teachings, but know that Shree Krishna and Shree Svaminiji are so absorbed in Their own bliss that Their attention does not wander elsewhere. They are perfectly enchanted with Their own lila; lost in each other's forms. But there is one intimate sakhi, a friend of Theirs, who always remains near. When she is pleased with someone, she sings that bhakta's glories to Them. This pleases the Divine Couple and then they fulfill that bhakta's wishes. There is yet another Gopi who cares for all the outside arrangement of the lila. She is an attendant of the lila bower and arranges the bed and ornaments. She stands by the door of the lila bower and sings very sweetly. She praises the Divine Couple in various ways. Sometimes she makes divine requests for certain individuals to Shree Svaminiji's intimate Gopi at just the right time. In turn, that Gopi keeps it in her heart and when Shree Krishna and Shree Svaminiji are in a celebratory mood, she reminds them of that bhakta. Then Shree Krishna becomes pleased with that bhakta.”
Krishna Bhatt then recited a passage from Shree Gusainji's Vgnapti,
“O friend, you have made many requests for me to touch His feet, but the Lord of Life does not want our union now. I am very distressed, but what can I do?”

It is important to always remain humble before bhaktas who have had His divine experience. Pleasing Shri Mahaprabhuji's and Shri Gusainji's disciples pleases them. In this way Krishna Bhatt enlightened that group of bhaktas and revealed the Path to them. Hearing his words, the Vaishnava's doubts were removed and they became full of bliss. Krishna Bhatt invited them into his temple for darshan and after offering them prasada they all returned home.

Just as a woman who desires a man can arrange the meeting through her female messenger, similarly, in the path of loving devotion, the bhakta who knows God is the messenger for other bhaktas. Know that Krishna is found when we please a bhakta.
(Shyamdasji's explination)The Shiksha Patra says.
"The accomplished bhaktas fill the yearning soul with Krishna bhava."

The poet Haridas sings in that mood:

O Friend,
Remind Them of me.
When you find time,
tell Radha and Shri Krishna
all about my condition.
With folded hands, cajole Them.
Tell Them of my distress.
If they display displeasure with me, then
console them with my prayers.
I have been left out of their loving lila
and I am parched.
Asked them for me
"When will I be able to play with Hari"
Sings Haridas, "Arm in arm?"

This was translated by Shyamdas.

Vaishnavs, I hope you enjoyed reading this varta as much as I did. I think it is a very good example to illustrate how fortunate we are to have KS.com. We all share beautiful satsang and have very many helpful vaishnavs imparting their pearls of wisdom. In reference to the varta I thought about when Krishna Bhatt explained that there is a
“gopi who cares for all the outside arrangement of the lila. She is an attendant of the lila bower and arranges the bed and ornaments..............”
I know in the conclusion Shyamdas has implied that the gopi is like “the bhakta who knows God is the messenger for other bhaktas” but Krishna Bhatts explanation seems thorough and is like a direct reference to a personality. To be honest it sounded like he was describing Shree Yamuna Maya but I was just wondering if any vaishnavs had another take on the varta and if they knew more about it. More about the Gopi so highly praised by Krishna Bhatt. Is he specifically referring to Radhasachariji's fellow sakhi friends, (Rushi rupa and Shruti rupa gopis??) Thank you for taking the time to read the lengthy posting and I eagerly wait to hear all vaishnavs responses, even the many silent readers opinions.
Very Happy

Nirupa
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Palnaji for sharing this varta with us. Whilst I was reading it I was also thinking that Krishna Bhatt was describing Shree Yamuna Maiya because he said.............."But there is one intimate sakhi, a friend of Theirs, who always remains near".

Shree Yamuna Maiya is the only one who is present (Yugal Swaroop ni sanmukha) all the time, 24 hours a day. On bhutal, as Jariji swaroop, Raj bhog ma ane saiyaji (Thakorji's bed) passe biraje che.

So that is why I thought Krishna Bhatt was describing Shree Yamuna Maiya. She is the one who runs to Thakorji when a soul has brahamsabandh. (bhramsabandh jaba hota he jiva ko....dor kar shor kar jaya Piya so khe).

Who is the other sakhi Krishna Bhatt mentioned. Could it be Chandravaliji or Lalitaji?

These are my thoughts but I could be wrong. Palnaji, I wonder what conclusions are drawn by vaishnavs when they read this varta!!
Hoshil
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSK everyone Very Happy !!!

Here is an effort to answer Sitalji's question:

KUMBHANDAS

Kumbhandas lived in a village named Jamunavata located in Vrajbhumi. He lived on a small farm with eight family members for whom he provided for all their basic needs. Being a good vaishnav he would not accept any free offerings despite being poor.

Kumbhandas, was mainly involved with serving Shrinatji and was well acclaimed to being one of eight astha shaka's (apologies for the spelling). Being very dedicated he climbed Giriraj up and down everyday so that he can fulfill his bhav and sing the praises to please the lord. One day Raja Mansinh visited Kumbhandas and offered him essentials of his dialy life. Kumbhandas pleasently declined and responded that god provides everything he needs and that he couldn't keep good things in a poor house.

Now I know this isn't a full varta but I guess the point I am trying to make is that Kumhandas had the virtue of knowing worldly wealth would only stray him from his objective as a vaishnav and that is to reach Thakorji. He realised that the only wealth in this world is his bhakti and love for Thakorji, and, he accumulated this through his kirtans.
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Thankyou Hoshilji and palnaji for the lovely varta's, so what are the qualities of a vaishnav?

1. Humble
2. Honest
3. Generous
4. Loving
5. Kind
6. Caring
7. Fair

Can anyone name some more please Question Rolling Eyes

JSK
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thank you Sitalji. I believe a vaishnav has also the most important element and they are:
    (1) Tadiyatva (Belongs to Him whom he has surrendered)
    (2) Tadashraya (Belonging to Him and only Him and noone else)

This I think is important qualities as well as what you have suggested. These are my thoughts. Please comment if you will.

Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thankyou Pusthidasji, for such a quick response. Yes, I agree with you those two are the most important qualities of a vaishnav. Complete surrendership, one-pointed devotion and faith are the main keys.

Vallah vaishnavs any other qualities Question ................. Shocked

JSK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: