Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

252 Varta
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna to all Vallah Vaishnavs,

Yesterday I read Dhobi's varta, he was the washerman of Shrinatji's clothes. Once Shri Gusainji was passing by and saw Dhobi washing Shrinatji's clothes with great care and love, upon seeing this Shri Gusainji got pleased and told him to ask for anything he wanted.

He asked Shri Gusainji for liberation and to be worshipped in the material world.

Why did he ask for those two boons and not devotion?

Please vaishnavs do join in

JSK
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
hmmmm i have heard this Varta before, but can not remember the reason, please Sitalji do tell us???
JSK

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Hoshil
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

This Satsang is very interesting, I'm really facinated by the vartas but I find it very difficult to comprehend the reasoning behind some of the Vaishnavs actions.

Would appreciate more discussion on the reasonings behind some of the actions.

Many thanks in advance

JSK
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna to all Vallah Vaishnavs,

Palnaji in the book which is translated by Shyamdasji, it says that Dhobi was one of the gopi's that couldnt get out of their houses for the Maharaas. The Antar Graha gopies who left their body while meditating upon the Lord when then were not able to leave their home's.

It was written that because Dhobi was one of those gopi's, he asked for liberation and to be worshipped. But I dont quite understand this myself hence, I put the question on Satsang Tibari hoping that vaishnav's would elaborate. Could a senior vaishnav please explain?

JSK
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

These are just a few thoughts, please feel free to correct/elaborate on them.

Usually the case is where the gopi is either able to leave their home without caring for the samag/society maryada OR in the other case, not able to leave the home, in which case they are still 'Aware' of the society's maan maryada.

There were many Gopis in this category who either could not leave the house or those who returned back home when Thakorji told them that they should now return home....
- Others chose not to return home and continued with the Maha Raas

I think, there is a similar prasang, when once, Shri Rukminiji had asked Thakorji why He felt so much for the Gopis and not for her. To this Thakorji had responded that the Gopis had left everything for Him for the Maha Raas, and whether Rukminiji would be able to do the same.. ? To this Rukminiji had said, sure we would do the same. When the time came, Thakorji organised another night of Raas. Rukminiji started to leave the palace during the night, but then she saw all the elders standing around in the palace and she 'could not' leave the palace to join Thakorji for Raas...
-- seeing all the elders, she felt shy and felt compelled to 'show' respect to the elders, etc.. she became aware of her surroundings/society, etc...

-- This also illustrates that not everyone is entitled (adhikaar) to participate in the Raas/MahaRaas. One becomes entitled when one becomes deserving of such Grace (krupa-patra) and one becomes deserving for such elevate Grace of Thakorji through Shri Mahaprabhuji's and Yamuna Maharaniji's Krupa.
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Thanks for your response Jagdishji, I understand what you are saying about Rukhmaniji as she was not a pusthi soul. However, the gopi's who couldnt get out of their houses were pusthi souls and once they meditated upon Krishna within their homes, they left their bodies and received the same sort of Fal as the gopi's who were in the Maharaas.

In my opinion they were adhikari jeev, if they werent then they wouldnt have received pusthi fal after leaving their bodies. Please do share your views.

JSK
Nirupa
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

I have read that the reason Antar Graha gopies could not leave their house to go to Maharaas was because they were physically stopped by their husbands and In-laws. As Sitalji said they meditated and Shree Gokulchandrmaji knew this and gave them same Fal (maybe more because of their virah) as the gopies who were in the Maharaas.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai shree Krishna

Very good flow of satsang. Shree Mahaprabhuji when wrote his vivachan (thesisological explanation) on Shree Gopi Geet, Aapshree explained that there were three division of Gopis, one was a group which had stayed to be in Maharaas, the secound group was of Gopis who had to decline to join in Maharaas and retreated and the last group was the one which could not leave house to join Bansi Naad for Maharaas because there was domestic obligation and hurdles (as mentioned by Nirupaji). This last batch of gopis are described by Shree Mahaprabhuji as Antar Graha Gopijana.

Antar= inside and Graha= house, that means one who were inside house, that is, house bound without choice.

As far as the Dhobi's Varta is concerned, the gopi is classified as between second and the third group and thus the soul was thriving to have the status of first group and last group, hense, asked for the boon, the way described by Jagdishji.
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

After Shree Gusainji bestowed the boon to Dhobi, what happened to Dhobi? Can anyone enlighten on this?

Sitalji, I read on 252 saransha, and in the analytic conclusion, it was depicted that this Dhobi was unable to aquire the gopis in Maharaas, and Shree Gusainji was closest to that glory and fame. Looking at the materialistic element of Pushti and Shree Gusainji's vaibhav (Luxery), Gopi (Dhobi) who was only doing a kripadi vastra-seva, was entitled to moksha and as we all know that moksha will retain the entity of measured deeds of particular seva, hense, he was entitle to a boon which was capable to give moksha only. The Dhobi belonged to the second catogory (and a touch of third group of gopis, as described above) and Mahaprabhuji described this type of Gopis asAdhikar nune gopis, that is the gopis who were not ready and was not entitled to Pushti fal. So received moksha. That was why Dhobi asked for liberation and fame.
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thankyou for clearing my confusion, I've read that after he was awarded the boon he was being worshipped by a King, once Chachaji and other vaishnavs happened to be by passing by and noticed Dhobi being worshipped so Chachaji nodded his head, the King saw this and questioned him. Chachaji told him the full story and added that if you want proof then leave Shrinatiji's clothes besides the deity at night.

The king followed Chachaji's instructions and in the morning found Shrinatji's clothes nicely washed and folded. From that day on the King started doing Shrinatiji's seva and in the evening used to do satsang with other vaishnavs.

Dhobi was given Thakorji's prasad and he used to quietly go and listen to the satsang.

JSK
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSK
Awww Its nice to know he still got to sneek off and have satang!

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSK,

Sorry to disturb the flow, but to get back to the first varta we discussed in this satsung, Pushtidasji is it possible for you to explain the morals and principles demonstrated in the Varta where they are willing to poison their son? You described the bhava of the varta to be in three folds? Please could you expand as im still confused, their son was also a vasihnav was he not??
Trusha
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Story of Parvatiji Reply with quote

JSK

Sorry to interrupt the flow…

Parvatiji was the daughter-in-law of Padmanabhji. Once, she noticed some white spots on her hands and feet. Fearing that this skin disorder may stop her from serving the Lord, she wrote a letter to Shri Gusaiji and requested him to guide her in this matter.

Seva should always be done with one's mind unfettered by worldly worries. If you are still thinking about other things whilst doing the seva, how can you concentrate on Shri Thakorji ?

Due to her illness, Parvatiji was feeling uncomfortable i.e doing shringar, cooking food etc with her hands, hands that she felt were somehow not good enough to touch Thakorji. Gusaiji could understand that this was a major obstacle in her seva.

Having given sufficient thought, Shri Gusaiji wrote to her, "Carry on with the seva as normal. Do not worry, the Thakorji will take care of everything and soon enough, you will be as well as ever." Her faith in Guru and Thakorji were so immeasurable, that sure enough, within a few months, her skin disorder disappeared and she was well again.

Suffering in this life is the end result of our own bad karmas (actions). These karmas may have originated in this or previous lives. We must all suffer the consequences of our actions. The best way to do this is to take everything in our stride and accept the situation the Lord has ordained for us. Like the great Vaishnavs of old, we must have firm faith that the Lord will take care of everything.

Having thus read the great devotion of these Vaishnavs, let us too pray for Thakorji grace, so that we may be inspired by their stories and we too may get closer to Thakorji.

Sitalji it’s your turn now!! Hee hee Wink

Jai Shree Krishna
Trusha
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Trushaji, nice to come back and see you doing the satsang. I am grateful for your presence and quite chuffed that you are now really taking part in the tibari. Thanks and I am sure you will be more active now that you have broken the ice. Well-done payara vallabhi.
Trusha
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

It's so lovely to have you back on Krishnaseva Laughing

Please please don't thank me Pusthidasji, you are the one providing us with such wonderful satsang.

Jai Shree Krishna
Trusha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: