Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

252 Varta
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: 252 Varta Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

In the 252 varta there is a story where a vaishnav couple poisons their son so a visting vaishnav has sympathy, stays longer and carries on doing satsang with them. We know this is out of love for the vaishnav as they were feeling the pangs of seperation and could not bear the thought of him leaving.

How would you apply this varta to the modern age?

JSK
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Yes Sital, Good question, this varta confuses me very much as I do not understand the vaishnavta in poisoning your own son. It seems to be a bit of an extreme tactic. What was the main moral of the story? Could a senior vaishnav please expand on this?

JSK
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Sitalji, a good question. This question cannot be answered in a straight forward manner as the bhava depicted in this varta is in three folds and also moral of the story is quite clustter phobic.

Trushnaji the story is for a start, very like fairy story. The choice of this varta has been made by the most imminant ardent Shree Prabhucharan Shree Gokulnathji. There are few morals and principles demostrated. I will wait for other vaishnavs reaction before attempt to answer in depth.
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Yes Sitalji for the love of a vaishnav one going to extreme is hard to understand but it was true.

Also there is a varta of a vaishnav lady she sells herself to a grocer who had a eye for her to get some groceries and prepare samagiri for her Thakurji and take care of all the vaishnavs guests that showed up to her place at the time when even her husband was not present.

The main point is that Shri Thakurji is birajmaan in the vaishnavs so one must take utmost care of the vaishnavs when they come to the house whether invited or not.

Even Shri Krishna has said that I am in the Bhakt and the Bhakt is within me.
I love my Bhaktas.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
I heard a similar story from SItalji but it had a different ending. The woman agreed to sell herself in order to provide food for the Vaishnavs and when it was time to pay back the shop keeper her husband took her. The shop keeper then queried as to who the man was that she was with, she told him that he was her husband. The shop keeper found this most peculiar and could not understand how a husband would allow his wife to go through this type of thing. He then asked her why it was that she needed all that food, she replied by telling him that it was for fellow Vaishnavs and as she didn’t have the financial means to pay for the food so she would do whatever else was required of her. The shop keeper found this deeply touching and was amazed at the woman’s love for Vaishnavs and her husbands understanding along with his love for Vaishnavs. Therefore he told the woman that there was no need to sell herself and that he would not take money for the food. In regards to Sitalji's story, I am also curious as to how we can relate it to modern life?? It does seem to be an extreme measure to show love for ones fellow Vaishnav? Please Vaishnavs do elaborate...We have many silent readers on KS.com and it would be much appreciated even if Vaishnas shared their opinions.. Thank you! Very Happy

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri KRishna,

Yes Palnaji, very true Shri Thakurji acutally protected her you can say I did not write the ending of the varta as was just pointing out that real bhagwadias do go to extreme to keep other vaishnavs happy at any cost.

Also Palnaji you forgot to mention that it was raining that day and her husband had to carry his wife over to the grocer etc ?

It is true Shri Thakurji knows everything and He will surely help the real bhagwadias at time of difficulties if one has true Faith in HIM.

There will be many other similar vartas where Shri Thakurji himself also protects the bhagwadias eg. Surdas and other bhagwadias when they were in need of water Shri Thakurji himself took His Zariji filled with jaal and gave them.

Shri Thakurji truly loves his Bhagwadias as they are within Him and He also resides within them.

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Thankyou, Vasantji, Pusthidasji, Trushnaji, Palnaji for your response. The vaishnavs from 84-252 varta's were really great.

Sometimes its difficult to apply these varta's to the modern age. As times have changed enormously and the surrounding are not like they were 500 years ago plus we live in the Western society.

JSK
kavita
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jai sri krishna.

dear all vaishnavs, please wite more 84 and 252 vartas. as after reading our bhava increases for sri thakurji. thanks for your help.
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

As you wish Kavitaji, I personally enjoy varta discussions immensly.

Once a vaishnav asked Shri Gusainji what the difference was between his teachings and Mahaprabuji's. In reponse Shri Gusainji told him to go away and fellow vaishnavs walked away from him.

The vaishnav got very upset and after some time decided to kill himself. Whilst he was on his way to the river he thought to himself to go and say his last Jai Shree Krishna to a vaishnav who lived on the way to the river.

When he arrived at the vaishnavs house (krishnadasji Meghan who was a disciple of Mahaprabuji) he was overjoyed and received him with so much love. Then Krishnadasji asked him what the problem was, so the vaishnav told him everything. Krishnadasji said is that all? Come on lets go to Shri Gusainji.

When they arrived at Shri Gusainji's place he asked the vaishnav, where have you been all this time?

Three questions arose in my mind after reading this varta:

Why did Shri Gusainji tell the vaishnav to go away after his question?

Why did fellow vaishnavs leave his company?

When he arrived back at Shri Gusainji's, why did he say where have you been all this time?

JSK
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Sitalji i think i know the answer, please do bare with me if i am wrong. Shree Gusainji told the Vaishnav to leave because if one is truely in Pushtimarg then one would not ask the difference between Shree Gusainji's and Shree Mahaprabuji's teachings. They are but one. When the Vaishnav came back to Shree Gusainji he asked him where he had been because evidently he obviously was not in Pushtimarg. Now he had come back to Pushtimarg but all the time before that Shree Gusainji queries as to where he was. Please feel free to add to my explanation and correct me where i am mistaken. Thank you
JAI SHREE KRISHNA!! Very Happy

kavita
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jai sri krishna.

thanks sitalji for the nice varta. i am sure that sri vallab and sri gusaiji are one and the same. i really dont know the correct answers. please tell us .
Rolling Eyes
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Palnaji and Kavitaji you are both correct, there is no difference between Shri Mahaprabuji and Shri Gusainji. We can here look back at the adhi ghadi prasang where shri gusainji kept half his seat for Damordasji. Just before Damodardasji would sit on the seat Mahaprabuji gave him darsan and told him there is no difference between Shri Gusainji and himself.

So Shri Gusainji told the vaishnav to go away because if he was in Pusthimarg then he should know this. Also vaishnavs left his satsang as Shri Gusainji told him to away, the vaishnavs wanted to imbibe into satsang with vaishnavs who would increase their devotion and not the other way round. Thirdly Shri Gusainji asked him where he has been all this time as he should of been in Pusthimarg studying the path and devoting his time to god rather than walking away.

Please do correct any mistakes, heard this prasang from Pusthidasji at a satsang in Derby and my explanations are no where near as good as his.

Now who will write the next varta Question

JSK
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
ohhh Sitalji you have tempted me to share a lil Varta i just read. This comes from Chacha Harivanshraiji's Varta, and i read the english translated version from Shyamdasji's writings.
In the lila Chachaji's name is Chandra Kala and she appeared from Lalitaji. Chachaji is a rajas bhakta.
It was late one night when Shree Gusainji came out of his courtyard, at that moment he bumped into Chachaji. The two of them began satsang and became entirely absorbed in Krishna, so much so that they were unaware of their physical state. Shree Gusainji forgot that he was holding a heavy pitcher of water and Chachaji was so absorbed that he was unaware that he should have taken the pitcher of water that his guru was holding. The next day Shree Gusainji remained completely immersed in the bhava of their satsang while Chachaji did not return to his body for three days. (WOWWW MUST HAVE BEEN AN AMAZING SATSANG! who knows, maybe with Thakorji's grace we might even get close to that in satsang Tibari)
Dear Vaishnavs my question is where did Shri Gusainji and Chachaji's souls go? Obviouly their bodies are still there but where is it that their souls went for all that time they were filled with anand??
I dont know the answer but i hope it was right next Thakorji!!! Very Happy

manish
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaishnavs,

gr8 going as I also read 252 Vaishnav Varta in english translated by Shamdas.

but the very first varta and question posted by Sitalji

==============

In the 252 varta there is a story where a vaishnav couple poisons their son so a visting vaishnav has sympathy, stays longer and carries on doing satsang with them. We know this is out of love for the vaishnav as they were feeling the pangs of seperation and could not bear the thought of him leaving.

==============

whats the name of the Vaishnav, is it book1 or book2 of translation.

Also can senior vaishnav please explain this varta/bhaav behind it in more detail.

thanks

Jai Shri Krishna

Manish Ashar
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,

Manishji name of the vaishnav is Haridas, and the varta is in the second book. Its also says at the end of the varta that pure spiritual satsang is very rare to find so the couple was even prepared to sacrifice their son to keep this satsang.

Palnaji, referring back to your question I personally think their souls would be with Thakorji, they were so engrossed into Thakorji's lila that they were not even aware of their material bodies and it's surrounding.

JSK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: