Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAVRATNA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: NAVRATNA Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

It is remarkable how liberating it feels to be able to see that your worries are just your thoughts and not “you” or “reality”. For instance , if you have the thought that you must get a certain number of things done today and you don't recognise it as a thought , but act as if it’s “the truth”, then you have created in moment a reality in which you really believe that those things must be done today

Govind Dubey had a lot of worries and mental aggravations, therefore he was not able to concentrate and achieve mansi seva. To relieve him of his state of mind, Shri Vallabh wrote this granth and gave it Govind Dubey to enable him to achieve manasi seva.

I recently read a beautifully translated version of the Navratna by Indira Betiji which I would like to share with all on Tibari and hope vaishnavs will join in and elaborate on each verse

Please find below translated version By Indira Betiji:

Prologue

Shodash Granthas (sixteen Treaties) are Vallabh Geeta compromising a collection of all scriptures written by Shri Vallabh. They were written over a span of time to explain the philosophy and principles of Pusthi Marg to different vaishnavs. The Navratna Stotram is one of the sixteen treaties written specifically for a devotee named Govind Dubey.

Just as one wears nine different kinds of gems to protect one's self from the adverse affects of the nine different planets, the nine verses of the Navratna Stotram are given by Shri Vallabh to alleviate the aggravations of the mind.

In just nine verses Shri Vallabh has given directions for changing a devotee's thoughts. Therefore, although small, this collection of nine verses is known as a granth (book, volume). By donning jewellery a person increases physical beauty only, except by understanding and putting into action the message given in the Navratna Stotram a person beautifies his/her whole being.

The numeral nine' has the highest value, and here in the Navratna 'nine' signifies that it is by the grace of Balaks and the nine Swaroops that one's anxieties and mental aggravations are alleviated.

These nine Balaks are:

1. Shri Vallabh
2. Shri Vittalnatji
3. Shri Girdharji
4. Shri Govindraiji
5. Shri Balkrishnaji
6. Shri Gokulnatji
7. Shri Raghunatji
8. Shri Yadunatji
9. Shri Ghanshyamji

The nine swaroops

1. Shri Nathji
2. Shri Navnit Priyaji
3. Shri Mathureshji
4. Shri Vitthalnatji
5. Shri Dwarkadishji
6. Shri Gokulnatji
7. Shri Gokulchandramaji
8. Shri Balkrishnaji
9. Shri Madanmohanji

By donning these nine gems of the Navratna Stotram one can achieve completeness, immortality and become deserving of Divine Grace.

When the Navratna Strotram is recited nine times every day, worries and mental aggravations are soon relieved. This Navratna Stotram also teaches the principles and practices of Vaishnavism to devotees

NAVRATNA STOTRAM

The Hymn of Nine Jewels by Jagadguru Shri Vallabhacharya Mahaprabuji

Chintaa Kaapi Na Kaarya Niveditmabhihi Kadapiti Bhagvanaapi Pusthistho Na Karishyati Loukikincha Gatim…………………………………………………..........(1)

Nivedanam tu Smartavyam Sarvathaa Tasdrushair Janaihi Sarveswarasha Sarvaatma Nijechhatah Karishyati…………………………………………………………............................(2)

Sarvesham Prabhu Sambandho na Pratyekmiti Stitihi Atonya Viniyogipi Chintaaka Swasya Sopi Chet……………………………………...................(3)

Agnaanadatwa Gnanaad Krutamatma Nivedanam Yaihi Krishna Saatkritaihi Pranaai Hi Teshaam Ka Paridevana...........................(4)

Tathaa Nivedane Chintaa Tyajyaa Shree Purushottame Viniyogepi Sa Tyajaa Samarthohi Harihi Swatah………………………………………………………(5)

Loke Swasthyam Tathaa Vede Haristu Na Karishyati Pusthimarga Stitoyasmaat Saakshino Bhavaata Khilaahaa...................(6)

Sevaa Kritir Guroragnaa Badhanaam Vaa Hari Chayaa Ataha Sevaa Param Chittam Vidhaaya Stiyatam Sukhaam………………………………………………….......................................(7)

Chittodvegam Vidhaayaapi Hair Yad Yad Karishyati Tathaiv Tasya Leeleti Matvaa Chintaam Drutam Tyajet……………………………………………………….(8

Tasmaat Sarvaatmana Nityam Shree Krishna Sharanam Mama VadadBhireva Satatam Steyamityeva Me Matihi………………………………………………………........................................(9)

The Hymn of Nine Jewels

Verse 1

Chintaa Kaapi Na Karya Niveditaatmabhihi Kadapiti, Bhagvaanapi Pusthtosto Na Karishyati Loukikincha Gatim…………………………………………………(1)

Translation

One who had dedicated one's self to God should never have any anxiety about any thing at any time. God, the embodiment of grace (pusthi), will not condemn one to this worldly existence.

Commentary

Just as a child sitting in his mother's lap is free from anxieties, a devotee who has dedicated himself to God should become free from anxieties of all kinds, anxieties of this world as well as of not this world. Anxieties of this world arise out of worldly attachment and engrossment due to lack of faith in the mightiness of the Almighty God. Just as a house engulfed in flames of fire is burnt and reduced to ash man's mind as well as heart. Transcendental anxieties also weaken mental health. Such anxieties generate thoughts like the ones below:

I am a creature full of flaws and wrong-doings; hence will God the flawless accept me or not?

I am averse to seva and smarana of God; hence will I get salvation or not?

Like a worm enmeshed in mud, I am deeply enmeshed in this world. So, will I be condemned to this worldly existence?

One should remove from one's mind these and many other similar anxieties that may arise. One should also cultivate faith like that of the chataka bird and think as follows:

Just as parents do not forsake their child even though the child may behave like an unworthy one, in the same way my Bhagwan, the embodiment of grace (pusthi), will not forsake me, and will not condemn me to this worldly existence.

God is Bhagwan, i.e. an enormous treasure of Aishvarya (omnipotence), Virya (virtility), Yash (glory), Shree (wealth, Gyan (Knowledge) and Vairagya (Asceticism). He, with the power of these godly qualities, will definitely grant me salvation.

As my God is the very embodiment of grace (pushti), He will grant me salvation with the power of His grace alone, without looking at my means.

JSK
Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

A very good start Sitalji, I am already loving it, please continue at your convinience Very Happy

Mero to Aadhar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mere gale ko haar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mero to shinghar Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind
Ga-o Varamvar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind --------!!!!!!!
gopal
Vice President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai ShriGokulesh,

Sheetalji, very good topic you started. Navratna Granth. Really we had lots of chinta in our life. But in this granth, What type of Chinta, ShriMahaprabhuji wanted for a jeev to not to do?
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Sunitaji and Gopalji, I believe it is crucial for us to understand this granth, it can really help us develop as vaishnavs. Gopalji I think Mahaprabuji is referring to the lokik chinta jeev does, we should leave all anxiety aside and indulge happily into Krishna Seva. Please do add your own commentary as this is the first translation I have read.

Our material thoughts can have very powerful effects on how we feel and what we do. Often those thoughts are triggered and run off quite automatically. By becoming aware, over and over again, of the thoughts and images passing through the mind and letting go of them as we return our attention to Shree Thakorji and his leela’s, it is possible with his Grace to get distanced and have a perspective on them. This can allow us to see that there may be other ways to think about situations, freeing us from the tyranny of the old thought patterns that automatically “pop into mind.”

Verse 2 by Indira Betiji:

Nivedanam tu Smartavyam Sarvathaa Taadrushair Janaihi, Sarveswarasha Sarvaatma Nijechata Karishyati...(2)

Translation

One should recall in all ways the dedication in the company of enlightened men. God is every one’s Iswara as well as everyone’s soul. He will therefore do everything according to his own wish.

Commentary

The Brahmasambandh mantra is the pledge of dedication. According to it, one dedicates one’s everything including the soul to God, Keeping the tulasi leaf in folded hands in the presence of Shri Mahaprabuji and Shree Yamunaji, the devotee prays:

I dedicate to Bhagwan Shri Gopijana Vallabh my body, senses, life, heart and its essences, wife husband, house, son, family, wealth, this world, other world, everything, including my soul. I am the servant of God. Oh Krishna, I am yours.

In this manner, to begin with, the devotee recites the dedication in Guru’s presence. To make it physically and mentally effective, the constant company of enlightened Bhagwadis is essential. Just as a touch of parasa diamond transforms iron into gold, in the same way the company of enlightened Bhagwadis makes the devotee self-dedicated. Under the protective umbrella of such Bhagwadis one should constantly keep alive in one’s mind the thoughts like these:

I have dedicated everything including my soul to God

When “I” the persons and things associated with me all belong to God, then why should I have anxiety?

My almighty Lord who takes care of my worries is reposing on any mind

My God, being the Lord of all, is capable of doing, undoing, and doing otherwise. He makes possible what it impossible. He undoes what is possible and he does something quite different from what exists.

My God is Sarvatma, permeating and reposing in everybody’s heart. How can my will stand up to the will of such almighty Prabhu?

Whatever is happening is happening according to God’s own wish, hence why should I have anxiety?

Just as a boatman who sails a boat in a direction opposite of the current of the waters and wind becomes exhausted and distressed, similarly a devotee who goes in a direction opposite to the current of God’s wish, falls flat. Man’s wish is like an insect, while God’s wish is like a mighty lion; thinking like this, and banishing anxiety and distress of every kind, one should subject oneself to God’s wish, that is the most worthy path for humans Wink

Vaishnavs please elaborate and add your own comments.

JSK
gopal
Vice President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai ShriGokulesh
Sheetalji, just we concentrate on the first slok of the Granth.

Chintaa Kaapi Na Kaarya Niveditmabhihi Kadapiti ||
Bhagvanaapi Pusthistho Na Karishyati Loukikincha Gatim || 1 ||

Here ShriMahaprabhuji first used the word Chinta, -- problems, thoughts, doubts, etc. Kapi na kaarya. Should not do, but for whom? Who is a Nivedit-aatma-bhihi. Who has done nivedan-sarvasva-samarpan. And Pushti lord is there, so there is no chance for Laukik chinta.

this is just a general meaning. not the verbattam. So here chinta does not reflect for the laukik chinta, but the chinta, which the jeev has during the seva. The obstacles comming in ShriGokulesh Seva, is the chinta been done by the Devotees. So Shrimahaprabhuji gives aagya, Chinta kaapi na kaarya.........

He who has offered him/ her self to the Lord should not ever worry about anything. By His very nature, the Lord will not confine you to the earthly / mortal fate. (1)
gopal
Vice President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai ShriGokulesh,

Every intellectual person surely thinks that He/She should gain the path, in which he/she gets liberation-kalyan. that person doesnot like to bound to the worldly matters. When such intellectual views through the world, feels that This world is the Anandmay Swaroop of ShriPrabhu. Sarvam khalu idam Brahmam. And whatever sukh-happiness gained is only due to ShriGokulesh. Anything without ShriGokulesh is Painful. And getting involved in such activity without ShriGokulesh only releaves pain, and not possible to gain any good things. So for such purpose, it is said Santam Krishnam Bhajed Budh:. Do the Aashray of ShriPrabhu ShriGokulesh-ShriKrishna. By such orders of ShriMahaprabhuji, we should understand that leave all and only try for Anand-parmanand prapti ShriKrishna's Bhakti-seva. Dasoham, Krishna Tavasmi...I m das of ShriKrishna. Do such repetations to make ourself refuge of ShriKrishna-ShriGokulesh.
jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna/Jai Jai Shri Gokulesh,

Very nice flow. Thank You.
unnati
CEO

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai jai shri gokulesh,

Plz continue... njoying it thoroughly..
gopal
Vice President

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai ShriGokulesh,

There is no question here for the laukik chinta. Because Navratna granth ShriMahaprabhuji had not written for any laukik Chinta. How can you say this? Because in the very first verse of the granth, in the first sloka ShriMahaprabhuji gives aagya
Chintaa Kaapi Na Kaarya Niveditmabhihi Kadapiti ||
Don't do chinta, but for whom? for Nivedit aatma bhihi never do chinta.

Those who has done nivedan, aatmanivedan, brahmasambandh (according to the tradition only), they had chinta, Which chinta that how will i serve my shrithakurji, i m full of dosh, will my shrithakurji accept my seva or not? Will i be able to do seva or will do some apradh? etc. And any such kinds related to seva-service to his/her shrithakurji has chinta. So here ShriMahaprabhuji says O! jeev, do not worry. don't do chinta, as u r nivedit aatma, so never do chinta.

Then Why ShriMahaprabhuji had written in the first slok's second pad as
Bhagvanaapi Pusthistho Na Karishyati Loukikincha Gatim || 1 ||

Here by saying this as Laukikinch Gatim, shrimahaprabhu is not giving aagya to do any laukik chintas like, what will my relatives do, if i engage myself in seva, how will i go outside and enjooy the worldly hapiness, as shrithakurji is at my house? how will i go to hotel? etc, such chintas are laukik. But here no such chintas shrimahaprabhu is saying to do. Only chinta is for Tat-Sukh, Sukh-happiness of Tat-ShriPrabhu.

ShriMahaprabhuji gives us the Appraisal that u are now Nivedit Aatma, so don't do chinta (not laukik, but alaukik). As a nivedit jeev also has chinta tht he/ she should not entangle itself in any laukik karya, which becomes obstacles in seva. This they don't want. So ShriMahaprabhuji says, Na karishyati Laukikinch Gatim.--don't do laukik chinta, and your gati, ur thoughts, won't go towards laukik.
Sunita Punjabi
CEO

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai Shri Gokulesh,

Enjoying it Gopalbhai, please continue at your convinience.

Mero to Aadhar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mere gale ko haar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind
Mero to shinghar Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind
Ga-o Varamvar Shri Vallabh ke Charnarvind Shri Vithal ke Charnarvind --------!!!!!!!
zankhana
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krihsna

Excellent topic Sitalji, very essential for us to understand these things. Gopalji, very good vivechan explaining every word of the Shloka.

Please continue this lovely topic.

Jai Shri Krishna
Zankhana
Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Sorry Zankhanaji, I have misplaced the little book of Navratna vivechan. Embarassed Requesting other vaishnavs to continue

JSK
Kiran Java
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna

Please find herewith the third verse

VERSE 3
Sarvesham Prabhu sambandho na
Pratyekamiti sthitihi, Atonya viniyogipi
Chintaakaa swasya sopi chet….. (3)

Translation
The situation maybe such that everyone (in the family) has established a
relationship not with God but somewhere else. Even then, why worry ? Even
if your own relationship is established elsewhere, why worry ?

Commentary - by Indira Betiji Goswami
Many a time only one or two persons in a family might have received Brahma
Sambandha, and other persons in the family might have been left out. In
such a situation, one may constantly think, “When will they be accepted ?”
But one should not worry like this. Let it be that they have not themselves
received Brahma Sambandha. But, the person who has accepted Brahma
Sambandha has handed over to God, man, matter and everything related to the
self. God accepts the other persons also. Therefore, he should not worry.
If sometimes kinsmen and relatives, due to their association with another
path, go towards that path, and if their endeavours are in another
direction, even then one should not worry. The reason is that God has
himself wished it – one should satisfy one’s mind by believing this.
If sometimes kinsmen and friends not having faith in any path, either in
one’s-own or in another path, are driven towards an untoward path, then also
one should not worry. One should have strong faith that God will do all well.

Sometimes it so happens that even though one’s upbringing has been in
Vaishnava culture, one’s children and other family members might be drifting
in the current of an opposite culture due to the surrounding environment due
to bad company. Food and drink, style of life, thought and conduct –
everything might be suffocating the culture of Vaishnavism. Nevertheless,
the worries constantly arising in the mind should be banished. God will not
forsake the children and other member of the family of a Brahma Sambandhi
soul.

Just as sometimes a boat rolling on sea-waves gets caught in whirlpools in
mid-sea, in the same way a Brahma Sambandhi soul himself might get drifted
due to bad company and remain ensnared in the whirlpool for years. Like a
man getting up from sleep, sometimes he in the natural course might get
enlightenment: “Oh! Where am I drifting?” At that time the mind gets
pierced by anxiety like: “My Lord, this wicked soul, who has gone over to
the undesirable, has lost faith. Now what will happen to me ?” One should
not have this kind of anxiety also. The self may forget its loyalty, but
God the embodiment of grace (Pushti) never becomes wrathful. Inspite of
innumerable wrongs, He extends his kind hand to grant salvation.

Last edited by Kiran Java on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Nice going Kiranbhai please continue at your convinience!

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Kiran Java
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thanks Vasantbhai here is verse 4

Agnaanaadathwaa gnanaad krutamatma
Nivedanam , Yaihi Krishna saatkritaihi
Praanai hi teshaam kaa paridevanaa

Translation
Those who have merged their souls into Krishna, whether they have performed the act of self-dedication to God consciously or unconsciously, why should they worry ?

Commentary - by Indira Betiji Goswami
If one performs the act of Brahma Sambandha consciously at mature age, one feels a sense of some self-satisfaction in one’s heart. But if it is performed unconsciously in one’s childhood at the instance of the elders, then later one becomes conscious and asks: Will my Brahma Sambandha taken in the state of ignorance, become successful ? One should not worry like this also. God accepts self-dedication whether performed consciously or unconsciously.
Whether air is inhaled consciously or unconsciously, it cures incurable diseases. In the same way self-dedication, whether done consciously or unconsciously, cures diseases of the soul. Just as sugar gets dissolved in milk, in the same way one’s soul gets merged into God. This state arises not always in a state of consciousness; it could arise in a state of unconsciousness also. You may put sugar into milk thoughtfully. Or may just happen to put it unknowingly, milk nevertheless is sure to become sweet. In the same way, whether Brahma Sambandha has been performed consciously or unconsciously, the soul is sure to be infused with Krishna.
When Krishna has become one’s soul’s lover and lord, why should one have anxiety ?

Last edited by Kiran Java on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: