Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ekadashi Reminder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zankhana
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krushna Pushtidasji

Sorry I should have written the complete phrase from Utsavji. the Utsavji I have is called "Sriji Darshan". The Ekadashi days and utsavs are highlighted with red colour in it.

For 18th Jan, the description says "Putrada Ekadashi (Buttermilk)".
For 19th Jan, the description says "Putrada Bhagvat Ekadashi (Buttermilk)".

I was referring to "Bhagvat" word from above. The use of "Bhagvat" word exists when Ekadashi is mentioned on 2 days in Utsavji. So does this mean that "Bhagvat" word in description is used to indicate Ekadashi to be followed by Pushtimaargiya Vaishnav?

Jai Shri Krishna
Zankhana
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna
and Jai Jai Shree Gokulesh,

Thank you for clearing my misunderstanding, when you wrote 'UTSAVJI' I thought you were talking about the famous Som-yagi Vallabhkul Balak Shree Gokul Utsavji.

Furthermore, thanks for revealing the source from where you read about 'Bhagvat' Ekadashi.

Zankhnaji,
Quote:
Putrada Ekadashi, also known as Sunanda Ekadashi, arrives on the eleventh day of the month Posh. The meaning of the Putrada, as the name implies – “Putra” means child and “da” means giver. Observance of this Ekadashi fulfils the wishes of devotees.

As Vasantbhai has explained that Ekadashi is a form emanated from Vishnu and as she is Goddess of Ekadashi, she has been given an important virtue known as 'Dharmi', (I am sure we all are familiar about this element which is also in Thakorji) and this is only element she possesses. The reason behind this element is to enhance her (Ekadashi Devi) power to give that boon in which a seeker of this boon has fulfilled his/her Ekadashi as per principles set within the Veda and Puran.

All other Ekadashi are easy to grant by this one Dharmi element, so Ekadashi Devi can easily bestow the boons relating to these Ekadashi Vrat. But Putrada Ekadashi came under jurisdiction of 'Nakshatra' it becomes part of Shree Vishnu's domain as well. Anyone who indulges in observing Putrada Ekadashi has to follow the conditions and principles set by the regulatory body of Ekadashi Devi and Shree Vishnu.

So Ekadashi Devi on her own cannot bestow the PUTRA boon with only one element of 'Dharmi', she needs Vishnu's intervention, and this invitation is accepted by merrits of Bhakti, soul and Ekadashi Vrat. If any one of the merits does not gain the full marks then the Putra is not granted, but sometimes a discretionary waiver clause is used by Vishnu to grant the boon. It is this waiver which is known as Bhagvad Etcha (Vishnu etcha), hence Putrada Ekadashi boon is 'BHAGVAD' Ekadashi where Vishnu can grant the boon even if the complete observation of Putrada Ekadashi is not fulfilled.

That is why Zankhnaji you read 'Bhagvat' Ekadashi in the concept of Putrada Ekadashi. I hope I have not further confused the issue. Hope it is now clearer why 'Bhagvat' word is inserted in Putrada Ekadashi. It is to show the characteristics of this unusual combination of boon between Ekadashi Devi and Shree Vishnu.
zankhana
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna

Thank you for wonderful explanation Pushtidasji. The stories at link provided by Vasantji are fabulous too.

This site is a big knowledge bank for our Pushtimarg. By Thakorji's grace, I have found a really good satsang oppotunity which was missing till date for me. A big hearltfelt Thank You to all Vaishnavs here.

Jai Shri Krishna
Zankhana
Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Zankhnaji, with the grace of Hari (Thakorji) Guru and Vaishnavs this site is gradually making its mark on the historic avenue of Pushtimarga. The feelings are mutual, we at krishnaseva.com have one aim and that is to build a lovely satsang tibari without any politics and without fear we also depict as much gudh bhava as we can.

Some sites have more than neccessary membership, but we believe that 'Sinha na Toda na hoya'. We have lovely interaction and participation of few vaishnavs and they have made this site a lovely Pushtimargiya site.

I am grateful to you for your kind words and I am sure your contribution to this site is also pramount.
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Reminder Feb 3rd 2008 Sunday is Shastila Ekadashi for stories please click this link

http://krishnaseva.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129

"Shri Vallabh Shri Vithal Sukh-kari naa-me nishpap thai nur-nari,
------Nitya Lila nitya nautam shruti na pame par."----
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna

Dear Vallabhi Vaishnavs Jaya Ekadashi is approaching this Sunday Feb 17th 2008.

For stories please click this link

http://krishnaseva.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=139

Note on Cupid: KAmadeva, lust personified, has five names according to the Amara-kosha dictionary: kandarpa darpako 'nanga kAmah pancha-sharaih smarah "Cupid has five names; (1) Cupid; (2) Darpaka, 'he who prevents future events'; (3) Ananga, 'he who has no physical body'; (4) KAma, 'lust personified' ; and (5) Pancha-sharaih, 'he who holds five arrows' ".

Kandarpa: In the tenth chapter of the Bhagavad Gita (BG 10:28.) Lord Sri Krishna says, prajanash cAsmi kandarpah; "Of causes for procreation, I am Kandarpa". The word Kandarpa also means "very beautiful". Kandarpa appeared as Lord Krishna's son Pradyumna in DwArakA.

Darpaka: This name indicates that Cupid can perceive what is to take place and prevent it from happening. Specifically, he tries to impede pure spiritual activity by alluring one's mind and forcibly engaging one in material sense enjoyment.

Ananga: Once, when Cupid disturbed the meditation of Lord Shiva, that powerful deva (demigod) burned him (Cupid) to ashes. Still, Shiva gave Cupid the benediction that he would act in the world even without a physical body - like a ghost.

KAma: In Bhagavad Gita BG 7:11.) Lord Sri Krishna says, dharmAviruddho bhuteshu kAmo'smi: "I am sex life which is not contrary to religious principles."

Pancha-sharaih: The five arrows with which Cupid pierces the mind of the living entities are taste, touch, sound, smell, and sight.

These are the five names of the empowered deva Cupid, who enchants all living entities and makes them do whatever he wants. Without receiving the mercy of Guru and Krishna one cannot resist his power.

Thus ends the narration of the glories of MAgha-shukla EkAdasii, or JayA EkAdasii, from the Bhavishya-uttara Purana.

Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Reminder Monday March 3rd 2008 is Vijaya Ekadashi for stories please go to this link

http://krishnaseva.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=141

jagdish
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Many Thanks for the reminder(s)
Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Reminder for pyara Vallabhi Vaishnavs -- Kunj Ekadashi is on Monday March 17th 2008 badhai to all vaishnavs in advance.

Kunj means -

A secluded place under a big tree, or a few trees whose branches are leaning towards the ground and which is covered with the perfumed blossoms of its own and also of the climbing creepers. The inside ground has soft grass which is enough for a small group of people to sit on, and it is surrounded with plants of variously colored perfumed flowers. This is also known as a bower.

From today the Dol kirtans are sung. Shree Thakurji swings in Dol

It is also called Amalaki Ekadashi for stories please click foll link.

http://krishnaseva.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=149

Holi essentially celebrates the victory of "good over evil"; Praladh, with the blessings of Lord Vishnu overcomes his father, Hiranyakashyap. Hiranyakashyap, a demon king filled with hubris and arrogance, wanted his people to only pray to him. Instead, Praladh, being faithful to Lord Vishnu, decided to ignore his father's demands and continue his unwavering devotion to Lord Vishnu. When Hiranyakashyap saw this, he became furious and attempted to violently kill his own son.

Hiranyakashyap's sister, Holika, had the ability to withstand fire. She would not be harmed by any flame, whether big or small. So, Hiranyakashyap devised a plan where he would place both Holika and Praladh into a pyre, ultimately burning Praladh to death. However, when the pyre was lit, Praladh survived, and Holika burned to death. Because of his love and devotion towards God, Praladh was saved by Lord Vishnu.

The celebration of this victory began in Vrindavan and Mathura, where Lord Krishna and his friends would drench the other village girls with water and colors. After some time, more and more people joined in this celebration of colors during every anniversary of Praladh's victory over Hiranyakashyap.

Therefore, today we celebrate this joyous occasion initiated by our Lord Krishna in order to symbolize the victory over evil. We remember that, like Praladh, no evil can harm us as long as our pure and unwavering devotion towards God remains present in our daily lives.

Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Reminder April 2nd Wednesday 2008 is Pap Mochani Ekadashi for stories please click foll

http://krishnaseva.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=157

Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Reminder April 16th 2008 Wednesday is KAMADA EKADASHI for stories please click this link.

http://krishnaseva.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=165

Also very important Badhai of Shri Mahaprabhuji starts from this day.

Khub Khub Badhai to all vallabhi vaishnavs.

Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna, Jai Shri Mahaprabhuji,

Reminder tomorrow is the Maha Utsav.

Shri Vallabh ki sadai Jai ho. !
Devi jeev ke kiye udharan !
Vallabh Prabhu Giridhar Prabhu do-oo Teye Aye Ek swaroop.

Khub Khub Badhai to All Vaishnavs on Mahaprabhujis Pragatya utsav.

For Varuthini ekadashi story please click this link

http://krishnaseva.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=175

Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Reminder May 15th Thursday is Mohini Ekadashi

For stories please click this link.

http://krishnaseva.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=185

Vasant Punjabi
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shri Krishna,

Reminder May 31st Saturday 2008 is Apara Ekadashi
for stories please click the following link

http://krishnaseva.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=192

Sital
CEO

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks for the reminder Vasantji

JSK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14

Jump to: