Krishna Seva Forum Index Krishna Seva
Krishna seva sada kariya(Always serve Lord Krishna)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Decline in religion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Decline in religion Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna Pyara Vaishnavs,
Firstly I would like to say I am really sorry as this is an alokik query but it does concern the religiosity of people today. I am conducting research in regards to the religiosity of Hindu teenagers and adults today. Many teenagers classify themselves as Hindu yet do not practise or have faith in Hinduism. In comparison to their parents and grandparents who seem to live for Seva. I recognise that the majority of Hindus are Muryada and do not solely imbibe in Krishna Seva, which seems a great shame but never the less it seems seemingly obvious that very few young people are taking a keen interest in Thakorji. I was hoping that with the great number of ardent Vaishnavs who visit this website that you would kindly share your opinions and view points. If it is not of any trouble than I kindly ask those of you who do wish to contribute could you kindly state your age group. If it is a detail you wish to keep private I apologise for any inconvenience but it would enable me to statistically evaluate the difference in religiosity throughout different generations. This would help me immensely in my Sociology research for college. Most importantly I would like to say that it is an increasingly concerning issue and I hope that we as Vaishnavs can introduce the beauty of Pushtimarg to as many young people as possible.
Thank you immensely for taking the time to read this and all opinions are welcome. Please Vaishnavs your thoughts are valuable and would be very much appreciated.
Many Thanks again.
JAI SHREE KRISHNA!! Very Happy

Palna na Koti Koti Jai Shree Krishna
gopal
Vice President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai ShriGokulesh

Shrigusaiji when gave the last siksha to 7 balaks (saptaacharyas) aapshri gave aagyna with a brave heart Saying that " in this marg of shrimahaprabhuji the dust (assuri jeev) came, it is really surprising, but consider this all is the bhagwad wish only,

Moreover a doubter questioned to shrimahaprabhuji that if the bhagwad dharma is the biggest dharma, then why we find that every jeev is not engaged in the bhagwad seva (seva of shrithakurji), but engaged themselves in different dharmas and religions, why so?

Here shrimahaprabhuji had given orders(aagyna) in nibandh granth Shastrarth prakaran that
"
BUDHAVATAARE TWADHUNA KALAO TADWASHAGAHA SUREHA || NAMAMATANI VIPRESHU BHUTVA KURVANTI MOHANAM || 16 ||

means: (with tika) if krishna seva is the best option in this world, then why all man don't do krishnaseva? for it's answer in sharstrarthprakaran of nibandh, by ShriAacharyaji gives aagyna that the word "Budhavatare" is written. In ShriGitaji, two types of jeevs are described. 1. daivi 2. aasuri (daitya). When aasuri (daitya jeevs started living or believing in krishna the shreshthmarg (worship to krishna) then to divert them from shreshta marg Bhagvan took avtar of Budha and the mul of Dharam is ved was ordered to make fun of itself and also god gave aagyna that criticise purana and attract daityas back to the bad marg. Then the Devtas to follow the orders of almighty, took birth in rishikul and started the prachar by creating mayavaad, nyay, sankhya, charvak, etc. the wrong mohak shastras made. In these shastras such wrong things were written that our mind gets diverted from Bhakti ||16|| shastrarth prakaran, nibandh pub:- vaishnava mitramandal sarvajanik nyas [/b]
gopal
Vice President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Jai ShriGokulesh

so understanding the above quote, think this as a Bhagwad leela only. Moreover in the tika of this sloka by ShriPurushottamcharan with the name Aavaran Bhang aapshri had very worthfully quoted that When there was extreme entry of even the aasuri jeevs in bhagwad marg, so to keep them away from bhagwad marg and to continue the leela, aapshri took birth as Lord Buddha who is considered as the nastik dharam and did ninda (criticisism) for Veda. So did few jeevs away from bhagwad dharma.

Palnaji, your Doubt is obvious, but atleast not others, we can only tell our kids only. And give them the margiya lessons. Left to accept or not leave it to ShriVallabh.
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna
Thank you Gopalji!! I agree that yes it is left up to Thakorji but we as his Vaishnavs also have the duty to atleast inform our children and family members. I have noticed that although many adults are in Pushtimarg their children dont seem to imbibe into Thakorji. I doubt that it is because they are not taught but the appeal is lost because we as the younger generation are appealed to different things. So it is our duty to re evaluate our methods of teaching, re evaluate the way in which we draw people into Pushtimarg. It is such a shame that many people have bramsabandh yet know very little of why they have it or what it means and know very little about Pushtimarg. I am speaking from experience and wish that i begun to understand these things earlier. I understand that every soul has its ouwn destination and time but we can help out our beloved Thakorji and get his lost Vaishnavs back to him a.s.a.p!
Very Happy It is without a doubt the path of true grace and i love it! It is my aim to research the decline in religiosity amongst Hindu teenagers but as apart of my manorath it is my duty to atleast help give Pushtimarg and its younger Vaishnavs the real appeal and beauty of Thakorji. My knowledge is very limited but we can only try our best and from then on it is up to the Vaishnav. Thank you

Dharmendra
Vaishnav

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krushna Palna,
Perhaps this may help you....
There is no doubt a deline in religion but remember what has happened, what is happening and what will happen is all due to His wish, "NIJECCHATAH KARISYATI". He Himself chooses the ones eligible to tread the Path of Grace. His grace is beyond limits and when it is His wish then one is able to enter the Pure Path of Grace.

In relation to your survey, my age range is 20+
Jai Shree Krushna
Trushna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSK,

Palnaji your Sociology work sounds really interesting and i think it is very admirable that you have such a passion to help other young Vaishnavs understand pushtimarg.

i also beleive that we dont choose the path of pushtimarg, the path chooses us, well Thakorji does. The decline in religion within society is a reflection of the increasing influence of kaliyug,but if we trust and keep faith in Thakorji then he will protect us, and as Thakorji helped you find your was then He may help our loved ones find their way also if they are supposed to. I hope my opinion is not too late sorry...otherwise thank you for letting us participate in your work.
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Not at all trushnaji! I just wanted to say a quick Thank You to Gopalji, Dharmendraji and Trushnaji for your input. THANK YOU Very Happy
JSK

Pushtidas
Tibari Star
Tibari Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna

I must thank you Palna ji for your urge in helping Vaishnavs and the concern.

The decline in the faith has many factors and the criterions which can be addressed at the different level. I have seen many parents take a stand in Pushtimarg by saying that, " It is god's will, he will instigate bhagvad bhava and asuri Jiva will be blessed."

The above common Pushti-socio mentality is developed on the Phraseology used by Shree Vallabh, mainly Nija Etcha Karishyati. This phrase is used in the lieu of total Sharanagati and it does not entail any wider implication to non surrendering soul. This is what Shree Vallabh said that a total surrender ship (sharanagati) means that anything and everything is now controlled by Shree Hari, as you (the soul) have faithfully surrendered to Him (Krishna), all will be done according to his wish, so in the state of surrender, leave all worries with Him, let Him worry, your foremost duty is to Him and hence, Nija Etcha Karishyati.

The young generation has not been made aware, or have not been educated on religious matters. Sometimes it is the misconcept in the adults who themselves cannot answer all the questions asked by inquisitive teenagers. So, I personally think, the adults who are in this position have to first of all understand and educate themselves on the subject.

The other observation was, (my personal observation), that we, who thinks that the Marg is for themselves and anyone who is not in the Marg are inferior and so our social attitude and aptitude reflects in our behaviour and drive away others from the religious sector. I have heard a phrase for non-believer by quite a few vaishnavs, for instance, when talking about non vaishnavs, they say, "Please don't talk to him/her as they are lokta." This to my understanding is a narrow thinking and it instigates Aham, that he/she is a vaishnavs so we are superior to them and because they are not vaishnav, they are set in lokik (materialistic) life, they are lokta. Every soul is of Parmatma, so we are part of all these atmospheric universe galactical dust. How can we judge people when we ourselves are not ardent vaishnavs, do not follow the sidhant as set. All this mental aptitude has to be addressed.

Many vaishnavs have taken the issue so far that they have treated their husbands as inferior because they do not believe in Dharma. We have some Vedic duties in society; you are married with the Vedic sloka and bound by that duty. This is clearly demonstrated by Lord Krishna in Shreemad Bhagvat-Geeta.

Sansar ma Sarso rahe ane manna Mari paas
    Sansaarma je lobhai nahi Te jaan mujno das||

The one who lives in Life and its materialistic society and also infuses his/her self to Lord Krishna, and does not get enticed by the material world, is my ardent follower.

Palna ji, we all are trying our best to set the trend and follow as we understand, and nowadays we do have Pushti, or Hindu literatures (Sahitya) available widely and also we have seen small groups and classes being cropping up for religious education. Hopefully we will all together address this problem. But the history does teach us that in any era we will have Sur and asur battle. Even in Kalpa and satyug, we did have Kaliyug and the demons and non-believers. This will stay, which was very cleverly put forward by Gopalji.
palna
CEO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jai Shree Krishna,
Thank you very much Pushtidasji, you are right and i am glad it is a common concern and i hope we can do something about it! Krishna Seva is a great help and a huge step towards helping people of various ages to understand. (If only you was here whilst i was doing my course workahhh man, well maybe next time Razz )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Krishna Seva Forum Index -> Satsang All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: